Camera pinks and greens example....

Last Updated:

1. mully

mully Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here's a pic illustrating my camera issue.....pinks and greens everywhere. How many of you have this issue?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

This is a white balance issue. You could try the cloudy setting in the stock app, or try another camera app altogether. I'm not sure which to recommend that has a variety of white balance settings, especially for snow.

3. jleejordan

jleejordan Banned

exactly. white balance. it's amazing when a problem is solved by the very first reply. kudos for the answer AND kudos for the question. not everyone notices the exact colors that are prevalent because of white balance issues.

4. mully

mully Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried every white balance option available, in all sorts of scenarios, and I still get the pink and green in every photo. I used the snow photo as a reference just because It was so noticable.

The white balance is not fixing it.

5. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

It could be chromatic aberration. Does it happen in all your pictures? If so you may have a faulty lens. chromatic aberrations happen when the lens fails to focus all the colors to a single convergence point and you get green or red color fringes. It is real easy for it to show on highlight areas, so like this snow picture that's all highlights basically. I would take it in to the store or test it against a friends if you can. If you can get the colors to show on yours but not on a different Droid then your lens is probably faulty, like it probably has astigmatism or something like an eye would. If your lens has imperfections it would throw off the light wavelengths and they would have different focal points. I doubt the there's the processing step to help remove or reduce these like Nikon DSLR and Panasonic Lumix cameras have. I don't have this problem in my pictures, and it doesn't snow where I live so I can't test that, but I would test it against other Droids. It seems to me you might need a replacement.

If you want I can upload some pics from my phone that you can use as a reference with comparable shots from yours.

6. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

I don't think that's white balance. The blue appears to be in almost a perfect donut shape, as if something is up with the lens or sensor.