Camera Problem? Lines!

Last Updated:

1. bhaktasa

bhaktasa Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I was sitting in a well lit room, and decided to take some pictures with my refurb phone (my first phone's vibrate function didn't work, so they gave me a replacement). Most of the pictures I took are of the wall in the room I was sitting. While taking pictures, I can actually see VERTICAL LINES coming across the screen and then when I take the picture, there are actually more lines than I saw on the screen initially. It's weird. I'm not too sure if my original phone did this (I don't think it did), but this looks really bad for a 5MP camera.

Is this a bad camera or are all the HTC Hero cameras like this? What should I do?!? :confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Bnice

Bnice Guest

What you need to do is change the ISO setting ,go to your camera -settings and lower the ISO TO 100,the less light the higher the ISO .

3. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

4. eriku16

eriku16 Active Member

You are seeing the banding in your images from flicker in florescent lighting. I don't know if your stock camera app has a setting for it. There are camera apps in the market to adjust for it.

5. bhaktasa

bhaktasa Active Member This Topic's Starter

Did this, it didn't work.

My lines that I am getting on my phone are a lot different from the ones that you get on your camera. Actually, they are different. Mine are these very light red/blue/green lines that come across the screen. I took a look at the link, but it didn't help my problem. Thanks though.

OKAY, so I resolved the problem after messing with the settings for a while. It has nothing to do with the ISO setting, I kept that on AUTO. But I did change the flicker adjustment from AUTO to 60 Hz (changing the flicker to 50 Hz does not work). And that fixed the problem!

Thanks for the all the help guys! You led me the right direction!