• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera problem

ejk37

Lurker
Mar 1, 2010
This isn't meant to spark a lot of dicussion.. I am just asking for some advice from people who seem to know a lot more about the Motorola Droid than I do. When I go to take a picture, there is a fuzzy black dot on the right of the screen. I've wiped off the lense and restarted my phone but it seems to be internally damaged although the camera part doesn't appear damaged at all. The spot shows up in my pictures too. Any ideas before I consider taking it in and getting a replacement phone? (I really hate doing that and losing all my stuff!)

This isn't meant to spark a lot of dicussion.. I am just asking for some advice from people who seem to know a lot more about the Motorola Droid than I do. When I go to take a picture, there is a fuzzy black dot on the right of the screen. I've wiped off the lense and restarted my phone but it seems to be internally damaged although the camera part doesn't appear damaged at all. The spot shows up in my pictures too. Any ideas before I consider taking it in and getting a replacement phone? (I really hate doing that and losing all my stuff!)
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

This is a question that belongs in the MotoDroid Forum...
not really and introduction.

Upvote 0
re: losing your stuff: if you are referring to apps and such, with a new phone you should have most of them restored when you activate the new one and add your gmail account. As for things like your stuff saved on the SDCard, I believe they will take the card in rooter current phone and place outer it in the new phone. If not you should be able to request that you keep your old SDCard

With the apps restoral, I believe that you will have to set them up again, but the installation should be automatic.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones