Camera Problems

Last Updated:

1. pudge0325

pudge0325 Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else have any problems with their camera after rooting my Incredible? After root, I cannot get any programs to run the camera (camera, barcode scanner, etc...). Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and what I can do to fix it.

***UPDATE***
    looks like the camera works right away as you boot up your phone, but if you wait for your SD card to load (takes ~10 seconds), the camera fails.

Also, seems like 1 out of every 4 or 5 reboots makes the camera work normal.

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

mine seems to work fine. did you install lamppu and if so, have you tried to use it and the camcorder at the same time? If so, this'll screw your camera; works again on reboot.

Or take your sd out and boot the phone. see if the camera works then.

pudge0325 likes this.
  3. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Were there any files in particular that you removed after root that were not listed in the DIY?

pudge0325 likes this.
  4. nstavr

nstavr New Member

Have you tried installing a different SD card to see if that helps. Maybe your card is corrupt?

pudge0325 likes this.
  5. pudge0325

Looks like the camera closing is only a temporary thing. After letting everything boot up and load, I use xScope to kill off anything using the camera (lamppu, camera, barcode scanner, etc). Thats been working for me last few reboots.

6. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to kill things to get the camera to work. There definitely is an issue. Have you tried any of the troubleshooting that's been offered? Did you remove any stock apps after root?

pudge0325 likes this.
  7. pudge0325

I'm not sure if I tried running lamppu and the camera, but I very well could have. Either way, everything seems ok now. I had removed the stock Twitter apk and had problems with AccountSync cause I forgot to delete my user info and disable it. I unrooted and downgraded, then re-rooted and did things right. Camera hasn't FC'ed or anything like that since then.

Thanks for the help and advice guys.