Camera problems?Support

Last Updated:

1. corwin01

corwin01 New Member This Topic's Starter

My wife just got a transform, and so far one things really been bugging both of us about it, the camera.

Front or rear, when trying to take a picture, all we see on the screen is green. If you open the settings slider the remainder of the screen goes to normal and show what you would be taking a picture of, but as soon as you close it its back to green. This doesn't affect taking pictures, we just cant see what were taking a picture of.

Any clue whats going on?

Advertisement
  2. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

That sounds like a defect to me. You might want to stop in a Sprint store and have them check it out. You'll be able to swap it for a new one if it's defective.

3. leaveit2angela

leaveit2angela New Member

This is driving me nuts as well!!! I had the phone for one day and it took pictures fine, then the next day the screen went green and did exactly what you described. I went to the Sprint store yesterday and had the phone replaced and was able to take pictures fine. Today I went to take a photo and now this one too is doing that with the green screen!!!!!!!! Not sure if I should take it back and get a different brand of phone - I'm thinking that more people have got to have this same problem...

4. berger1980

berger1980 Active Member

Are you guys sure you haven't turned on a custom color layer within the camera settings? I had that happen this morning, and then reset it to 'auto' and everything was fine.

5. leaveit2angela

leaveit2angela New Member

Unfortunately, it is not that - I don't know what you mean by a custom color layer - under the Color Effect menu, green isn't an option - and this is a green that is opaque - you can't see through it at all. I have tried everything I can think of!! My solution for now is that I downloaded a free camera app called Camera Fun Free - and I use that camera and its fine - at least I can see what I am going to take a picture of - just need to figure out something for the video, plus I can't take advantage of the front facing camera...

6. sueber

sueber New Member

Hi, I just found this forum and I had the same problem with my Transform...was just getting ready to call customer support, but I thought I'd reboot it first and that worked. When mine started acting up I was using the bar code scanner on a QR code, I thought maybe that did it, but it's working for now. :)

7. Rcecarbldr

Rcecarbldr Well-Known Member

My wifes did the same thing and after a reboot it's been fine. Her's also has the little things you slide to answer a phone call lock up sometimes also and she can't answer a call. A reboot fixes that, for now at least.

8. sueber

sueber New Member

That's funny you mention that, that happened to me a few times too and I just thought it was me. :confused:
    I had also had other little problems with the keypad light flickering and on automatic calls with it not recognizing what # you push, which I think I have resolved just by resetting it. Still a nice little phone.

9. Made2adore

Made2adore New Member

I was having the same exact problem. The camera shows a green screen when trying to take pictures, however if you go into the settings everything is fine. If you take the picture, the image will show as well. I rebooted and now it is back to normal.

I'm glad it worked with just rebooting, bc if every time I have a problem the phone needs to be reset, then this phone is worthless. I've already had to reset it once when it wouldn't sync my contacts with gmail (and would not save any new contacts into my list) ....

2 problems already in less than a month. Very disappointing.

10. beezie916

beezie916 Well-Known Member

Hey this happened yesterday and someone mentioned a QR code scanner ....my cam was fine till I loaded barcode scanner and the chase mobile app with the check image deposit and I had the green screen show up when I tried to use the cam later....my guess it is is some sort of conflict...reboot does fix the issue though...

11. jenn1221

jenn1221 New Member

I have had the same problem green camera screen. I also had issues with not being able to answer calls.
    Sprint just replaced the phone. I would take the phone in to a corporate store ASAP.

12. vmdenslow

vmdenslow New Member

If you do a power cycle on your phone (take the battery out, put it back in, reboot phone), it should fix the issue with the green screen for the camera. This happened to me within a few days of getting this phone, so I called sprint. This is what they suggested and it worked :)
    Now if the lights on the front and the keyboard would stop erratically blinking, we'd be good!!

Joekennedy likes this.
  13. xanima

xanima New Member

I have had this problem on and off since I got this phone, and rebooting it has worked every time. Through trial and error, it seems to be a conflict of software between scanners and the camera, possibly a driver problem upon installation of new apps or updating installed ones. I have yet to have it happen when I couldn't fix it by rbooting.

14. emtfick

emtfick New Member

My wife has this problem over and over. Swapped 3 brand new phones and it keeps happeneing. Sprint has been no help..
    Any Ideas?

15. shadow22

shadow22 Member

Anyone else have the problem when taking a picture that it's about 4 seconds from the time you press the shutter button before it takes the picture? Anyway to fix this? I have this same issue with all 3 of my Transforms.

16. speeder760

speeder760 Well-Known Member

if you swapped it 3 times i would use this problem as an excuse to get a new NON SAMSUNG phone lol

17. shadow22

shadow22 Member

Sorry I wasn't clear. I have not had to swap it 3 times. I have 3 transform phones on my account. I have the same shutter delay on all three phones. There is pretty good delay from the time you press the shutter button till it takes the picture, especially when the flash is in use. I cant be the only person to notice this?

18. speeder760

no, i was talking about emtficks post not urs lol.
    but as far as the delay idk bout that. ive never noticed it but im also not stock so it may be because of that.
    id wait for the froyo update and see if its fixed.
    i actually just remebered that i may have had this problem at first, i believe its caused by saving the picture to the sd card, i have a class 6 card, u may wanna try buying one if the froyo update doesnt help it.

shadow22 likes this.
  19. shadow22

shadow22 Member

I guess the memory card could be the culprit. All of my phones are stock with the stock mem card.

I have another newb question, well two actually.
    1. When I take a photo and select share, I get the options of bump, email, gmail, messaging, picasa. Shouldn't it have Facebook in there too?

2. Also, when I share a picture via messaging, it always says file to large and then auto compresses the picture. Is there a way to stop it from doing the auto compress so that I can send the full size picture?

20. speeder760

well not so much that the card is corrupt just slow.
    stock cards are class 2,although class ratings judge read time, higher classes generally will also have faster write times.

1. do u have the facebook app?
    2. are you using stock messaging app or a 3rd party one?

21. shadow22

shadow22 Member

Seems all I had to do was download Facebook for android...

And yes, I am using the stock messaging, guess that's why it compresses my pictures??

Thanks again for any help you offer.

22. speeder760

so now ur able to share facebook?
    well. Yes, but some 3rd party apps like go sms have a setting that can adjust it, the problem is that these apps use the stock messaging app to run, the dont run by themselves. so u can only send pix as big as the stock app will let u.
    i believethe only wayto send larger pix wopuld be through email(someone correct me if im wrong). and the biggest it can handle is like 1.2 mp

edit: i just checked my "go sms" settings and you can actually set it to retrieve and send txt by it self. ao u can try n download that appn mess with the settings, theres a setting for mms size like i said.
    i highly suggest thismessaging appreplacement, its a lot better.
    id test it righ now but im at the gym and yea lol.

23. TheBlackAngel

TheBlackAngel Active Member

had to register to reply to this thread, i have 2 transforms on my account and have seen the green screen happen a couple of times, but more importantly they both have the problem with pictures taking forever to take. A few weeks ago i rooted mine and put the unofficial FROYO 2.2 on it, after doing that mine took pictures instantly. yesterday i put it back to stock so i could get the official update, after doing that i tested the camera again and it was back to being slow. i haven't gotten official 2.2 yet on either phone so not sure if that will speed it up or not.

shadow22 likes this.
  24. TheBlackAngel

TheBlackAngel Active Member

just to update, i tested the camera again after getting the OTA update to 2.2 (everything is stock, no root or anything) and the camera is taking pictures instantly again, which is great when you have a 2 year old you are trying to take a pic of to send to grandparents :D