• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera problems

i had that problem with a week old SXE as well as not been able to record, it would just crash and go back to home screen, tried rebooting which didnt solve it, took it back to the shop and sales rep seen the green lines and rebooted, low and behold it was back to normal so i started kicking off so he shut me up with a new phone, blagged a free 16gb card as well :D

Upvote 0
Hi

I used the camera for the first time at the weekend and I had the same

problem with green vertical lines, it is really frustrating and annoying that

this problem exists and noone is warned about it.

The camera was able to take pictures, however the videos that I recorded

fail to play.

I was wondering if anyone had found a way to get the videos to play?

In my expereince Android normally records in MP4, however the videos are

recorded in 3gp format, but none of my media players will recognise them

and non of the standard converters will convert them.

I would really like if possible to rescue the videos, and was wondering if

anyone had succesfully rescued their videos?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Strangely today I opened up my camera and there was number of vertical lines running down the screen. I can see a few people have had issues with this on the Sensation.

1. I turned off the phone
2. took out the battery
3. Gave it a bit of a clean.
4. Restarted the phone again
5. Tested out the camera and WALLAH all good again.

Strange how that has happened. I am a bit worried that the camera is failing?\

Upvote 0
I've had the same problem twice now, the first time I did a battery pull and it went away, now three weeks later I've had the problem again, my phone was running darkforest mod ics at the time with sense 3.6, I backtracked to this from CM9 because of the camera problems I found with the AOSP interface.

I couldn't get the lines to go away no matter how many reboots and battery pulls I did, and clearing caches/data didn't help either.

Now I'm back on CM9 with no camera at all. :(

No matter what version of AOSP ICS I install, whenever I take a picture, all I get in the gallery is a blank, black image, and if I try to view it, I just get stuck on a loading screen until the gallery app crashes. This happens with every release of CM9 I can find. The only thing I can think to do is copy my friend's working camera.apk off his sensation.

Anyone else have any ideas or has experienced anything similar?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones