CAMERA QUALITY - Incredible vs. Nexus OneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Nice comparison. Looks like the incredible takes better pictures, but not by much.

3. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

Turn down sharpness in the incredible a notch, makes for better pics IMO. I also changed quality to "fine", mine came stock as "high"

4. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

There is more clarity in the Incredible photos. Look at the golf club logos for example.

5. irishone

irishone Member

Wow. Look at the fish tank pictures. In the Incredible the wall is white, other picture the wall is blueish. Same with the blankets on the couch. The couches are 2 totally different colars. IMO the Incredible wins.

6. gatorbri

gatorbri Well-Known Member

Unless his wall is painted a blueish color :D:p

7. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Both our fantastic camera phones, but I notice especially the "art of putting" cover I can read it much more clearly on the Incredible then the Nexus one, either way I think both are very good camera phones

8. SirensOfTitan

SirensOfTitan Active Member

Check to make sure that the JPG compression is equal for both cameras. I noticed quite a lot of compression artifacts in the Incredible shots.

9. eyc

Took several macro-esque shots and the NexusOne always came out on top (Incredible on left, NexusOne on right):

[​IMG]

10. justbrae1

justbrae1 Well-Known Member

^^ figure out how to hold a camera steady, clearly there is motion blur

11. Old Pirate

Old Pirate Member

Those coins definitely have motion blur with the Incredible or perhaps a problem with focus distance, but the dynamic range of the Incredible is definitely showing shadows and highlights with greater clarity than the other phone being compared.

12. eyc

Yea, I tried to keep a steady hand on both, but this is what resulted time after time. The other comparison study that is linked in the first post also shows the same:

[​IMG]

Bottom line, I don't really care because this camera is amazing and better than anything I've ever used on a mobile device.

13. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Tough call. Both look pretty awesome.

14. sandman423

sandman423 Active Member

Trying to figure out the best way to setup the Incredible's Camera. I have it on the second notch of Sharpness and set for Fine.

I am all about pulling cam out and taking pictures with no other setups.

Any Ideas on the bEST Setup

15. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member

can someone maybe also for the heck of it throw in shots from Droid and Eris to compare against the Incredible and N1.

16. bendispo

bendispo Well-Known Member

I agree: The Incredible's camera design may have a higher minimum focusing distance and may thus require a little more distance between the camera lens and the object being photographed. Perhaps you could back both cameras up by a few inches and retake the "macro" test. I know this changes the parameters of your test, but we could at least then identify whether the issue is a minimum focusing distance or another matter--such as camera shake or sensor detail. :)

17. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

yeah, ideally to do a test like this accurately you REALLY need a stand to make sure the camera's don't move, and to double check things like compression and quality. there's probably other setting that need to be adjusted also.

Not being a camera person I don't know enough to know what needs set. But there's way too many variables to really say one camera is better then another. (either way)

Even just using the "default" setting, is too reliant on the people who set up the defaults and what they thought the camera would be used for most.

18. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

The question is why did the pictures that article writer wrote sucked compared to the ones posted in this thread. Clearly he doesn't know how to take a picture.

19. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member