camera question...General

Last Updated:

1. hommey13

hommey13 Member This Topic's Starter

Please please please don't kill me for asking the question...

i'm torn between the x and the incredible (and yes i know that i'm on the incredible boards and most people will be biased) but i'm really looking for some real user knowledge of the cameras on these 2 phones....i know, i shouldn't be buying the [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR] for the camera, but lets face it...i have over 1200 pics and 500 videos on my phone of my child...

all the "reviews" on the [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]internet[/COLOR][/COLOR] talk about the phone pre 2.2...and that doesn't do me any good...can anyone speak to the cameras the picture quality of them?

i played with them simultaneously in the store...and the x seemed very pixelated and rough around the edges...and the incredible seemed to snap the pic quicker...but who knows what the settings were on, since they're the ones in the store...and no i don't know anyone local that has both these phones to play with...

TIA for any advice....

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any pictures from the X OFF the phone, but on the phone they looked pretty good (a friend has one and snapped some pic's at a party).

I have taken my own pictures off my phone and uploaded them to photobucket, facebook and just plain old computer for editing/printing and I think they look great.

I will say this... if you do not have a really steady hand, it's pretty easy to get a blurry picture on the Incredible. I asked my friend with the X about his and he said basically the same thing, so I don't think there is much of a difference. But keep that in mind with whatever you choose, unlike a point and shoot, there isn't much for image stabilization.

3. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

I am thinking of getting the Incredible as well. It looks like the Incredible takes fantastic still image pictures according to this video. I am more worried about the sound quality when it comes to shooting in HD. The sound quality sounds AWFUL, absolutely AWFUL, especially when compared to the sound quality on the Droid X and iPhone 4. I just feel like if I am filming something in a place that has ambient noise (wind, cars, other people), it will completely overwhelm my voice or the voice of the person I am trying to film.