1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Camera rebootSupport

1. KTorrential

KTorrential Member

Hi guys. I have tried searching for this problem, and have come across a couple of posts on various other forums, but with no reply. Basically, I have the following issue:

"having an issue with the camera app re-booting continuously. The image flashes up on the screen and then flashes off (along with a click sound internally). I have tried re-booting, powering down & removing the battery for 2 minutes).. but nothing seems to work so far.. Video recording works fine. I even removed the SD card (in case it was faulty), but still the same issue. Tried switching to the front facing camera and still the same. I am out of ideas. Any one else had or having similar issues?"

I copied that from a post I found on another website, but it is exactly what is happening to my phone. My partner put his finger over the camera lens until it managed to focus on it (his explanation), and we thought it was fixed as it took a photo without a problem. However, every time I have started up the camera since, the same thing occurs.

What advice have you got for me?

Cheers,

K

Advertisement
    :
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You have an incredible one or incredible 2?
  3. KTorrential

KTorrential Member

Well, Incredible S if that helps? It's a British handset.

I just tried changing it to the forward facing camera (I had to be pretty quick about it, as it resets so quickly) and the same thing is occuring. I guess that it is a problem with the camera app rather than the camera?
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

I've never seen or heard of that issue on the incredible (this forum), I'll move this thread over to the incredible s forum for you.

One thing I'm sure someone will suggest is to do a factory reset.
  5. KTorrential

KTorrential Member

Thanks, sorry for posting it into the wrong thread.

If you have the time, what does a factory reset entail? I understand the basic concept of course, but will I lose everything like contacts, photos and downloaded aps? Half of me says no to the latter two, as they are saved to my memory card but the contacts bit...?

Thanks
  6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You will lose everything that is not on your sd card, but you can export your contacts to your sd card or back them up to google. You can use the app "app brain" to sync your list of apps for easy download after the reset.
  7. KTorrential

KTorrential Member

OK, I will hang around to see if there are any other recommendations before trying that. Cheers
  8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Doesn't seem like a hardware problem since video works, but it is kind of strange that the phone makes a noise when switching to camera.
  9. KTorrential

KTorrential Member

It is that internal "click" that I hear, the one that the camera makes when it is trying to focus. It doesn't happen every time. But the camera just seems to reboot every few seconds.
  10. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

One quick thing to try is to go into manage applications and find the camera app, force stop it(if you have the option), and clear the data for it.
  11. KTorrential

KTorrential Member

Just tried that, same problem occurs
  12. KTorrential

KTorrential Member

Just trying some things out now. Using the barcode scanner = no problems. This is just a problem with my camera app, it would appear...
  13. jammychap

jammychap Well-Known Member

I have the same problem on my DHD, 360 camera app works fine but Google goggles that uses the standard camera is useless now :-(
  14. jammychap

Video camera works fine but switch to camera and its stuck in this constant shutdown/restart cycle gurrrrrr driving me nuts
  15. jammychap

I fixed it! A factory reset sorted it, just about got my phone back to where it was now all my apps reinstalled ;-)
  16. jammychap

Sync your phone with your PC before reset you could also try appbrain market to save your installed apps ;-)
  17. jenhorsman

jenhorsman New Member

I have a Droid Incredible, I think it is a 1 since I got it right after Verizon came out with them in the US. I recently had to perform a factory reset and NOW my camera is behaving badly. It started freezing and then rebooting my phone right after I did the factory reset. Now it does it on almost every single photo. I decreased the image size and then I was able to take 2 photos before it crashed my phone.