camera resolution sux now with 2.2

Last Updated:

1. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what happened to the resolution on the camera with the 2.2 update? my pix suck now. i have looked for a menu that lets me change the resolution but cant find one anymore. is it hidden somewhere? or am i stuck with the new sucky resolution?

Advertisement
  2. PridgNYC

PridgNYC Well-Known Member

The top icon on the screen is the settings icon, tap it, then scroll down (drag up) in the window that pops up. I know it doesn't look like it is scrollable, I learned this trick from this site.

may2700 likes this.
  3. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for. unfortunately it dosent solve that fact that my pics still look horrible. i wonder what is causing this since the camera is set for 5mp, and super fine. pics are so pixelated and just plain bad, might be time to swap it out

4. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Are you looking at them on the phone our on the computer? The new gallery for some reason uses fewer colors and takes a few seconds to show full resolution.

5. jofa

jofa New Member

This update is hype. its slower, freezes constantly, many apps have to force close, im not even going to start with the battery... when looking at the call log i cant read the last half of the phone numbers...the volume controls are all jacked up.....i think the only thing i like about it is that 2.3 will be out soon too fix this mess.

6. GideonX

GideonX Guest

I highly doubt that will happen in the very near future.

Factory reset your phone and try again?

7. ctdavid

ctdavid New Member

I have the 2.2 Update. I don't see any "top" icon. In portrait orientation, I have a gray bar, in landscape, nothing. Either way, no icon. And that gray bar does not drop down, or react in any way. Could you explain exactly what icon you are referring to? I'd like to be able to adjust my camera's settings. Thanks.

8. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 Active Member

If you have 2.2 then you have the updated camera.

Do this. Hold your phone in landscape now look directly to the left of the last picture thumbnail on thee view finder itself. You should see a small grey settings icon, it's kinda hard to see but it's there.

It's also easier to see if your camera is pointed at something dark.

You should also see small icons for geolocation, white balance, flash and zoom as well.

9. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 Active Member

Sorry... double post