• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera screen blank

kwrs780

Lurker
Nov 18, 2013
Hi, my camera app (or any camera app for that matter) won't show what I'm shooting at but instead a blank screen. I can take a picture and it still works but it's a little hard to know what I'm shooting at. I tried instagram and tumblr and had the same problem. I've tried installing a camera rom from xda forums VR Stock AOSP Camera Build6 with no luck. I'm at a loss as to what to do here because I use my camera frequently and have run out of ideas. Someone please help me. My phone is an AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII which is rooted, if that helps. Thanks in advance.

I've got the SuperNexus JB 4.3 rom on my i777 (it's AOSP) and the camera works fine.

A couple of questions. First, did it ever work with your current rom? If so, when did it stop working? If you switch between the forward facing and rear camera's does it work any differently? Do you have the onscreen controls and just no preview? When you take the picture, is it in focus?

BTW, I'm moving this to the ATR section for this phone.

Upvote 0
The camera was working just fine right after I installed the kernel. I have the onscreen controls I just get no preview. It takes pictures just fine I just can't see what I'm shooting at (yes they're in focus). The forward facing camera works as well but there is still no preview. Sorry didn't realize there was a better forum for me to post this in. Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones