• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera settings for a concert?

Well as a pro photographer, I might be able to help out. You cant control shutter speed on this can you? You want to try and keep the ISO as low as possible to prevent noise (grain) and switch your WB to Florescent most likely. If thats too cool (blueish hue) try another setting.

here are the options:

flicker adjustment:
auto
50hz
60hz

ISO:
auto

white balance:
auto
incadescent
flourescent
daylight
cloudy

metering mode:
spot
center area
average

will a very low ISO make any motion blurry?

Upvote 0
if you want anything worth a damn, you'll need a D-SLR.

Your EVO won't zoom in far enough to even recognize them unless your in the first 5 rows, and even then they have to be extremely still for it to not be blurry, especially in low lighting conditions.

Also..your flash won't do ANYTHING except ruin the picture, whether you are using a DSLR, Point and Shoot or the Evo. Nothing bothers me more than idiots using their flash on cameras at concerts or sporting events...

Upvote 0
if you want anything worth a damn, you'll need a D-SLR.

Your EVO won't zoom in far enough to even recognize them unless your in the first 5 rows, and even then they have to be extremely still for it to not be blurry, especially in low lighting conditions.

Also..your flash won't do ANYTHING except ruin the picture, whether you are using a DSLR, Point and Shoot or the Evo. Nothing bothers me more than idiots using their flash on cameras at concerts or sporting events...

I'm in no way looking to get super hi-res pics or anything...Just good "above average" shots with no blurriness...I'll be within the first 1-3 rows...

Upvote 0
you can try setting the ISO to 200, but the pictures might be to dark, depending on the stage lighting.

Start there and work your way up. Noting that as you increase ISO the pictures will become more grainy, but brighter.

The flash still probably won't do much even in the first 3 rows. Most flashes are useless past 15-20 feet.

Just mess around with the settings, you'll have a while, just hope theres not a lot of "smoke" in your view...haha

Upvote 0
Cool ill be there tonight and tomorrow... pavilion first night and lawn with a bunch of friends the second.... I think it will be my 12th and 13th. How'd you manage seats that close? Closest I've been was 11th row center at Hartford. Can't wait for tonight

I'm going to try out the video recorder on the eve tonight. If you do as well I would be interested In seeing how it comes out

Upvote 0
Cool ill be there tonight and tomorrow... pavilion first night and lawn with a bunch of friends the second.... I think it will be my 12th and 13th. How'd you manage seats that close? Closest I've been was 11th row center at Hartford. Can't wait for tonight

I'm going to try out the video recorder on the eve tonight. If you do as well I would be interested In seeing how it comes out

I have pit tickets, and I plan on getting in line super early to get a good spot.

I'll def try out the video too. I'll post my results!

Have fun!

Upvote 0
Since you will be close to the stage, sound will be an issue. I have not tested the evo in loud environments, but every single other phone ive owned has done horrible in loud situations. Even at the back of the arena, the mic is too sensitive, and all you get is a garbled mess on the video. I would suggest taking a piece of clear scotch tape, and put it over the picrophone hole at the botom of the phone. Dont put it too tight, leave a bit of space for some sound to get in. But this is a cheap way to block a lot of the noise coming into the phone. If you really want to do this a good way, cut a pice of fabric, say an old sock or something, and hold that over the mic port. Dont tape it though, the combo of the fabric and the tape might block too much.

Upvote 0
Heres a couple samples

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones