Camera SettingsTips

Last Updated:

1. Psywar

Psywar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well its been a while since the Release of the Evo:
    People have had time to play with the Camera a bit.

I am heading out to California here close to the end of October for Blizzcon.
    I will most likely end up just using my HTC Evo to take Photos and what not.

For the most part the Blizzcon is fairly Dark if not almost Pitch Black if it was not for the many Projector Screens and Computers in the Rooms.

Any Idea on what Kind of Settings I should choose to use in this type of Environment on the Evo?

What settings are you guys using outside in Day Light?

Before I head out to Cali I am going to be making sure I have any of the Latest OTA Updates installed using Fresh Current ROM.

I also have thoughts of running one of King's Kernels Most likely #9 or #10BFS
    They Both have a really good FPS2D Deviation and with this I was planning on picking up a 16G Class 6 SDCard in hopes that I could get a pretty smooth 720p HD Camcorder Recording done using my Phone as well.

I take a lot of pictures, but I am the type of person who just will re-take a photo if it does not look right. I do not understand any of the settings and what they do.

During Blizzcon though it is possible I may not get a second chance to take the same photo or video. So I would like them to be as good as possible the first time.

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member

Low light use flash but watch out for white out. You can't control appeture, shutter speed unless someone makes an app for that. You'll just have to play with the camera to find out the right settings.

There is an app called perfect camera that has image stablization but it only shoots in medium size mode.

Blizzcon Starcraft or WoW

3. Psywar

Psywar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Blizzcon is Starcraft, Diablo, and the Warcraft Series

4. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

i have taken some great shots with the EVO camera, and the settings provided.

if u know how to use ISO, White Balance, and shutter speed, then it should be cake.... remember that 200 ISO allows twice as much light in as 100ISO and 400ISO allows twice as much as 200ISO... and so on.... on low light conditions, bump the ISO but dont over do it, you will then get alot of grain

use the white balance according to the location and light conditions... it helps wonders.

always take a picture with the light source from behind you and towards the subject. makes the pics clear and crisp

basically use normal photography tricks and u will be good to go

Mr. Ed and CriticalCritic like this.
  5. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member

When i use my EVO to take a flash picture, the white balance is off. On my regular cameras there is always a Flash option for the White Balance, but I can't locate one on the EVO. What setting do you use when you take a flash pic?

6. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member

I still would like to know what setting everybody uses when taking a flash picture, but I have another question regarding the EVO camera and flash.

I've taken 4-5 flash pictures so far and in all of them, the subject has been washed out. Is there a way to turn down the flash strength? I tried darkening theexposure but that doesn't work, the people still get washed out by the flash (about 5' away)

Any suggestions?

7. Roymus

Roymus Well-Known Member

Not sure but I think not...I saw a similar post on another forum where someone actually taped a piece of white paper over the flash (got great results too). It's probably not a bad idea for fill flash situations, but a little too low-tech for my taste.