camera shutter very slow to reactSupport

1. yodiyo

yodiyo Member

Camera is very slow to capture a photo after hitting button. Takes over 5 seconds, it's really annoying. Can anything be done about this? I've played around with settings to no avail. Is it anything to do with having lots of sharing apps?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Mine takes 2 seconds. Never seen it take 5 seconds. Not sure why yours differs to mine, as mine has always had around a 2 second delay with all the different roms/firmwares etc i've installed.
    I have mine being saved to external card. The delay doesnt seem to change if I have it set to phone or card, but I dont have a great deal on either. Have you tried changing this setting?

I've not read anything that can be done about this. I would be interested to see if there is, as a 2 second delay for me is annoying enough.
  3. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

i would check how much free RAM / internal memory . I always find that if i have bad apps which always run , my phone runs a little slower, and lags in the camera app
  4. Njd4

Njd4 Well-Known Member

Also ensure that you don't have 'anti shake' on as mine did and this delayed shutter while it waited for a stable image.