camera shutter very slow to reactSupport

Last Updated:

1. yodiyo

yodiyo Member

Camera is very slow to capture a photo after hitting button. Takes over 5 seconds, it's really annoying. Can anything be done about this? I've played around with settings to no avail. Is it anything to do with having lots of sharing apps?

Advertisement
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Mine takes 2 seconds. Never seen it take 5 seconds. Not sure why yours differs to mine, as mine has always had around a 2 second delay with all the different roms/firmwares etc i've installed.
    I have mine being saved to external card. The delay doesnt seem to change if I have it set to phone or card, but I dont have a great deal on either. Have you tried changing this setting?

I've not read anything that can be done about this. I would be interested to see if there is, as a 2 second delay for me is annoying enough.
  3. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

i would check how much free RAM / internal memory . I always find that if i have bad apps which always run , my phone runs a little slower, and lags in the camera app
  4. Njd4

Njd4 Well-Known Member

Also ensure that you don't have 'anti shake' on as mine did and this delayed shutter while it waited for a stable image.