camera sound?Support

Last Updated:

1. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there a way to get rid of the shutter sound when using the camera but not making my phone silent?

Advertisement
  2. rmp152

rmp152 Active Member

I too was wondering if that was possible. Never been a fan of that myself. Anything?

3. android novice

android novice New Member

Thats funny.. cause i can get the shutter to make a sound, mine is silent. But in the camera, hit settings, and one of the options is shutter sound - you can select silent. I have selected sound 2, but it still does not work.

4. kbrn

kbrn Well-Known Member

I use the app called Camera 360 Pro. it's better than stock camera and you can silent the shutter (there's a free version but it sucks cuz you can't save pics in high resolution

5. zhonglin_liu

zhonglin_liu Member

You can search Silent Spy Camera in market, I have dev this app to disable sound, preview and record file when you use camera.

6. squiddy20

squiddy20 Active Member

if you root your phone, there are zips that you can apply through recovery to get rid of the sound or make it something else to your liking. check out sdx forums and search for camera sound, or you can dig through the system yourself and delete the sound file entirely. ive done it. still works. only weird problem ive found is that you can't delete the sound for recording. then that f**ks it up. dont know why, but thats what ive found from tinkering.