Camera stopped working after a drop? >>FIXED<<Tips

1. sharxbyte

sharxbyte Member

So, About 6 months ago, My camera stopped working after I dropped the Evo. It would just go to a black screen, and either freeze, or crash to desktop. I recently spent $20 on a new camera module, and once installed, the problem was fixed. Earlier this week, I dropped the Evo again, and it took a hard fall, and the camera stopped working. This morning, I noticed that the camera module was *****ing. The lens would click open and closed repeatedly. I pulled the battery and restarted it, and the same thing happened. This got me thinking that it could be a loos connection. The module is held to the motherboard by a thin sheet metal clasp that must be popped off to replace the camera. Apparently what happened when I dropped it (at least this time, probably last time) was that the module was shaken loose of its setting, JUST enough to stop working. To test my theory, I popped off the outer lens face and pushed firmly on all four sides, and sure enough, it popped back into place. When I turned it on it worked again. Hopefully this helps someone else who has had this happen.

Now (I think) I have an extra camera module that I payed $20 for... O well.

Advertisement
    :
    runningdevil, 9to5cynic and Rxpert83 like this.
  2. saywhatt

saywhatt Well-Known Member

get it checked on the service center bro :O that sounds some serious hardware problems

-if this helped, hit thanks! :D
  3. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

That is a common issue w/the EVO camera. Usually if you push it back in, it fixes it. Good to hear it's working again.
  4. gbuffum

gbuffum New Member

Pushing the camera in definitely worked for me. Thanks for sharing this great info! :)
  5. runningdevil

runningdevil New Member

Thank you! That totally worked!!!