Camera to wallpaper

Last Updated:

1. jb1911

jb1911 Active Member This Topic's Starter

When I take a picture with my Galaxy S it looks great on the phones screen, but when I save it as wallpaper it gets blown up so big that only a small portion of it is visible on the home screen. WTF?

Advertisement
  2. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

1) go to Gallery (or other app you use)

2) select the picture you want to set as wallpaper

3) at the bottom you should see "more" click on it then click on "set as" then choose "wallpaper"

4) now you should see the picture with an orange square around the pic.

pretty much i think you're zooming in to the picture. expand that orange square outward by click on the edge of the square and dragging it out. from my understanding you still can't use the full image and have to use what ever you can fit inside that orange square.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Android pans the image when you change homescreens. So no, you can't see the entire image at once.

4. marefin

is there a way to turn that option off so that you can use a full image?

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Well, sort of. Its a workaround.

1) Download Launcher Pro. It has the feature to disable wallpaper scrolling.

2) Set Laucher Pro to be your new default homescreen, and on the homescreen, press menu, preferences, appearence settings, and then disable wallpaper scrolling. Now when you scroll left and right between homescreens, the background will not move.

3) Start up a program like Photoshop, and create a new picture that the same height as your phone's screen, and at least 3x the width. Leave it blank for now. Preferably, keep it black so you can tell what won't be shown with the actual content.

EXAMPLE: My Droid Eris screen is 320 x 480. So I created an image that is 960 x 480.

4) Next I made an image the same size as the screen (so in my case, 320 x 480). This will contain the content of your wallpaper. Put whatever you like in it as long as it fits within those dimensions.

5) Now paste the content picture, inside the larger, background picture. Make sure its in the exact center of the larger picture. Now you will have a picture with black side bars and your content in the center.

It will look something like this:

[​IMG]

6) Now save the pictures and put it on your phone.

7) Tell your phone to set the picture as a wallpaper. Stretch out the cropping border as large as it can go and set it.

8) If done properly, your background picture will now be fully on the screen. There should be no black on the edges.

My end result.

[​IMG]

Hopefully that helps.

marefin likes this.
  6. marefin

LOL thanks for that, it did sorta work. But I have to say it's just not worth the effort put into it :)

7. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

but now you have launcher pro's roots planted in your brain. i suggest you find out what else you can do with it... kind of a great program :)