Camera troubles

Last Updated:

1. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it just me it does your evo camera suck? Its almost impossible to get pictures in focus.I'll take the pictures and see them focus but it takes the pics when it's like not focused at all.one out of ten pics are in focus and its impossible to take a pic of anything moving. Is there any fix or app for this?

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

my photos have turned out pretty good. Also, if you look through the forums their are some amazing shots taken with the EVO. your settings sound jacked. Make sure you have the auto focus on and/or you are taping the part of the screen that you want the camera to focus on. Look through the threads. Pictures in good light turn out beautiful.

3. ogrenator

ogrenator Well-Known Member

not sure whats goin on with yours but mine take sweetass pictures...maybe try focusing on whatever you are trying to take a picture of by taping on the screen where you want it to focus and then hold down the button to take the picture...hope that helps

ps..last weekend i took some pictures of fireworks...clearly they move pretty fast so here are a few of them and the picture of the dog came out good and he was moving around the whole time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. iamfunkyz

iamfunkyz Well-Known Member

The still camera is one of the highlights of the phone. I wish the same could be said about the video camera.

5. skittlesV1

You have to hold on the button? All my settings are default so I dunno why my pics turn out like this

6. ogrenator

ogrenator Well-Known Member

if you hold it down it gives it a chance to focus better rather than just taking a quick snapshot if you just tap it

BenChase7 likes this.
  7. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I dont hold, I just tap the button. Not even sure what holding does.
    anyway, if im in good lighting my pictures to out better than my Olympus stylus digicam.

8. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

ogrenator, your pictures are blurry. OP, I agree with you. The phone is almost always just ever so slightly out of focus.

9. skittlesV1

I don't know.maybe my evo its broken because I don't think it could ever come close to the pics you guys took. I'll upload some of my shots over I get home.

10. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

I have taken some great pictures with the EVO camera.

However, my biggest problem is the flash is so bright that it washes out everything closer than 10-15 feet from me. If the lighting isnt great i have to just turn flash off and deal with a grainy picture.
    This is more true of people or animals in pictures. Not non living items. But the flash will completely wash a person out. I wish their was a way to soften the flash or at least only turn on one blinding led light instead of 2.

11. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

Perhaps you have a bad camera? From this thread: http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-evo-4g/99153-barcode-scanner-apps-ones-work-evo.html
    Comes this quote in post #34:
    Maybe you can take your EVO to the sprint store and, side by side, compare it to an EVO on display?

12. Crodley

LOL

Where's the "Anti-thank" button? :)

Heathbar and tmaxey1 like this.
  13. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should have a "Troll" button added to the forum.

14. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

Thanx for wasting a user account on this forum so you can scour the forums as you are obviously jealous of the android os or the Evo

15. Crodley

Oooh I second that, wouldn't that be nice :) And a Troll rating by the users name. :)