Camera unable to Save picturesSupport

Last Updated:

1. souleater9492

souleater9492 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just recently, the Camera on my Eris will not take pictures due to an error saying it has insufficient file permissions to save pictures to my SD card. I have not unmounted my SD card since this has happened nor did I do it before. I have unmounted it before, but it was never a problem. The camera will not save pictures at all not matter what app is using the camera (Default Android Camera, Facebook, Photoshop Mobile). I'm sure the fix is simple, but I do not want to reset anything if I can fix it another way. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Here are some things to try.

1) unmount and remount the SD card to the phone.
    2) reboot the phone.
    3) connect the phone to your PC, backup all of the existing pictures from the phone to the PC, and then delete the DCIM directory and all it contains (that's why you want to save your pictures first). Then remove the phone from the PC and try to take a picture. The camera app should create the directory again, and maybe this time it will have the necessary rights.

3. souleater9492

souleater9492 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the help, but none of those have worked. When I mount my phone as a disk drive and go into the DCIM folder my computer locks up and I am unable to move any files, leading to believe there is a problem with the actual hardware itself.

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The microSD card might be dead or dying. Or there is a filesystem error. Try putting it in a normal sd card reader. Or a different microSD.

Possibly even reformat the SD card.

5. frakk

frakk New Member

I think I have found another hassle-free solution. At least it has worked for me after having replaced the original sd card by a new (bigger) card.
    Read this post:
    HTC Desire - More camera Problems.

frakk

6. dma1028

dma1028 Member

Not sure if this will work for everyone but I had same problem lots of people had about taking pictures and it not saving them. I tried all the other things peole were saying to do to no avail. My problem ended up being the sd card class #. I had a 16 GB micro sd 10 class. I ended up buying a 16GB micro SD class 2 and I haven't had a problem with pictures being saved since. Works perfect now!! I have no idea why the class # causes bugs or issues when saving pictures but going to a lower class(2) cured my problem. Hope this helps people and relieves major headaches!!! :D