Camera upside down on videochatSupport

1. kingjay2012

kingjay2012 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but I downloaded every possible video chat app that I could to see if I can fix my front facing camera from being upside down and it still its the same way on every app, can anybody help me fix it? It would mean a lot to me thanx.

Advertisement
  2. QingWu

QingWu Well-Known Member

Could you let me know which app you used?
    I tried it, mine is work correct.
  3. GamingForever

GamingForever Well-Known Member

I have the same problem when using tango.
  4. kingjay2012

I've used tango, we chat, Skype, oovoo all of em and I get the upside down camera view... its really annoying.
  5. tlombardi

tlombardi Member

my phone is brend knew and i have the same problem
  6. tlombardi

tlombardi Member

i just figure it out ,go on skype and open a video chat ,then on the botton left you ll see a camera symbol then hit rotate camera,hit you image and press done .
  7. kingjay2012

for some odd reason the rotate button disappeared only thing showing is video off, front camera and rear camera. Im coming in on other people camera upside down.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Try turning your phone 180 degrees.
  9. tlombardi

tlombardi Member

the image of yourself in the phone is the botton that flips the image
  10. kingjay2012

Right but when other people see me through their phones I'm upside down, that's crazy, video chat is one of the main reason I got this phone, and I can't fix it.
  11. Dementei

Dementei Member

Anyone got a fix for this? Pretty annoying for sure..
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

This is the first phone I've heard of where rotating it to the other landscape position evidently doesn't solve it, according to comments here, so I got nothing.
  13. Dementei

Dementei Member

Yea, tried that as well, its weird that it looks normal on our end but not on anyone elses'.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  14. Dementei

Dementei Member

*bump*
  15. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

odds are its an inverted camera (Mounted upside down) ZTE is good for this, they did it with the screen on the warp1. And then fixed it in the software, odds are its the same deal here with the camera. And that is why software isn't fixing it.
  16. OreyG

OreyG New Member

I am having the same issue on my Warp Sequent. I got it specifically because I'm moving away from my fiancee and son to set up in another state, and would sincerely like to know if there are any developments about this. I have posted in the skype community about this as well, and there seems to be no one with an answer to how to fix it.

Have any of you resolved this? Also, could you please reply with specific instructions? I've tried oovoo, Skype, google hangouts, and some others. It certainly seems to be the phone itself. The thing I don't get, is why can I take a picture just fine with the front facing camera? Maybe it sends the data in reverse? IDK, but my fam can see me fine if I flip it upside down without letting it go sideways first. However they become inverted to me, so not that great of a trade off.

Any help would be awesome. Keep in mind I'm somewhat savvy, but still need some step by step dictation, if you will. Thank you everyone, and thank you kingjay2012 for the original post. It's frustrating..
  17. kingjay2012

There's a app that come with the phone called Google talk, use that its the original stock video chat caller.
    LilBit and OreyG like this.
  18. OreyG

OreyG New Member

Thanks, man... It actually took a while to activate chat on mine and a friend's account, but we got it figured out. Not the best quality, but I can't expect the best I suppose. I wonder if Skype and others might create a patch on their own for this.. Oovoo seems to be the best connection, real time and picture quality of most of the ones I've tried, but it is still upside down lol.

Again, thanks a lot for your thread, it did help, and I didn't know to use the "talk" application till now. I was hitting up the Google+ application. I appreciate the help
  19. kingjay2012

no problem man anyway i can help.... thats what everyone here is for.
    LilBit likes this.
  20. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

I agree 100%:D
  21. ral446

ral446 Active Member

Thanks kingjay, I've got the same problem with my Warp Sequent. I'll give Google talk a try and see if that one works. *****Follow up - it worked!!!