Camera/Video Not Working

Last Updated:

1. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I click on the camera or video Icon. It goes to load it to where you see the black screen with the white camera and then quickly goes back to the home screen. Any one else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. bgro

bgro Member

I had that issue this morning. It started happening right after I installed the OTA updates. I reformatted my SD card, rebooted the phone, and it hasn't happened since. Hope it works out for you.

3. autorail1

I cant reformat this memory card it is out of my old phone with tons of stuff on it. Ok I put the card that came with it reformatted it and did update, and camera worked 1 time, then with in minutes tryed to use it and same thing happened for camera or video. It will not open up.

4. phearx

phearx Well-Known Member

Did you download the update yet?

5. autorail1

It starting working after PRL update, what update u talking about. I clicked on hardware update and it says it is all up to date.

6. zhens

zhens Member

OP and others having this problem. Did you install Advanced Task Killer (ATK)? I had the same problem as I was showing my girlfriend my phone. She is a die-hard Pre fan so she chided me for this. I checked ATK and it was set to kill the Camera. I disabled that and I haven't had any problems since.

7. autorail1

NO ATK installed. It is working now that I updated all options in the settings

8. bgro

bgro Member

Did you reformat it through the Android settings?

I connected my Evo the my computer and did a FULL format (took around 15 minutes).

Don't know if this means anything but I had the exact same problem as you and this fixed it.

**Also read the post about ATK...I deleted this off my Evo right before I reformatted the SD car but you said you didn't have ATK so I'm assuming that's not the cause of your issue**

9. Synthetickiller

Synthetickiller Well-Known Member

I did not update or format the SD card.

I ran into the problem today. Not sure why it does that. Even a hard restart, pulling out the battery, doesn't help. It started working again, but I am not sure why.