camera won't focus properly.....Support

Last Updated:

1. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thinking of sending it back to Orange as an insurance job but before I go through the hassle I wondered if anyone had these symptoms and what they did to fix it

The camera doesn't seem to focus which results in blurry images all the time. I have removed the battery cover and cleaned the lens and the inside of the lens protector but it still doesn't work. I use my camera quite a bit so it has become a source of frustration. I am using the stock camera app and the fault has only developed over the past week.

Advertisement
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Have you tried a reset?

3. BarnumC

BarnumC Well-Known Member

What with? I would never put any liquid on this style of lens for fear of getting it 'behind' the glass. For which there will be no way for the average user, indeed for the experienced user to clean
    Touching the lens itself with anything is invariably a no no in my opinion, more so the smaller the lens is.
    Because the lens is so small, any mark on it will be magnified greatly.
    I would send it back if I were in your position.

4. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

How did you get on with this. Mine is the same (I think it coincided with my froyo update) and it's really doing my head in now.

To start with it used to take excellent pics but nothing I've tried since this problem appeared will make it focus now. It does try to do it - it goes badly out of focus and makes the focusing noise but what it settles for after "hunting" is definitely not IN focus.

5. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I ended up sending it back to Orange who sorted me out with a new handset... Can't really argue with that :D (Apart from the

6. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

Cool.
    I did another factory reset and it cured it. :rolleyes: It's been taking beautiful pics ever since.