• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera won't save to internal memory?

CAH

Lurker
May 12, 2012
I see that most other Android phones have default saving from the camera to internal/phone memory. My last HTC Inspire saved directly to the internal memory by default with no other option, but since the screen shattered I got a replacement from my insurance. The camera demands a SD card, which I just can't afford. I've spent the last hour or so combing google and Android forums for an answer but haven't found one.

So I need the camera to save to phone memory like it did on my last HTC Inspire, or like most normal phones. I can't spend the money on the SD card now and can't find the option to make it save to the phone directly. What's going on? There don't seem to be any matching questions on the forums.

Thank you for your help.

I see that most other Android phones have default saving from the camera to internal/phone memory. My last HTC Inspire saved directly to the internal memory by default with no other option, but since the screen shattered I got a replacement from my insurance. The camera demands a SD card, which I just can't afford. I've spent the last hour or so combing google and Android forums for an answer but haven't found one.

So I need the camera to save to phone memory like it did on my last HTC Inspire, or like most normal phones. I can't spend the money on the SD card now and can't find the option to make it save to the phone directly. What's going on? There don't seem to be any matching questions on the forums.

Thank you for your help.

The HTC Inspire 4G comes standard with a 8G micro SD card, which is plenty for your pictures. If you did not receive the 8G micro SD card with your phone then I think you need to make a phone call to the person who supplied it to you. As for buying a microSD card, they really are cheap, and if all you want one for is for your pics then a 2G (at less than $10) micro SD would be all you needed. BUUUUT, your phone definitely should have come with a 8G micro SD card standard.

Source: HTC Inspire 4G - Full phone specifications

Cheers.

Upvote 0
If you got an insurance replacement as you said, phone is usually a refurbished phone. It usually doesn't have battery, charging cables, sd card, or battery cover.

You should have the card from first phone. You stated it was replaced due to cracked screen. Card should have been fine...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones