Camera worse than camera on blackberry??Support

Last Updated:

1. Wendimn

Wendimn Member This Topic's Starter

my blackberry took amazing pics. It was 3.2. The vibrant pics are nowhere near as clear. Anyone else having this issue???

Also...is there a way to search just this forum?? When I search it takes me to other phones..TY

Advertisement
  2. jree

jree Well-Known Member

try to clean the camera lens. Samsungs have always made really decent cameras for their phones. I've taken really clean pics with my vibrant

Edit: Go into the Sub-forum that you wanna search. Look at the info bar on the top right of the screen and there is something that says search this forum. Its right under the page numbers

3. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Mine is taking great pictures.

4. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Photos are amazing on this phone, better than other phones that have 8mega pixel cams.

And the video recording quality, AMAZING. My goodness!

5. Wendimn

thanks for the replies. I think I will be taking it into tmobile today. The picture quality is not clear at all. Maybe I have a setting that isn't right?? I am thinking that has to be the case with the replies here. My pics from this phone are not sharp and almost blurry.

thanks again for the replies

6. Wendimn

If someone wouldn't mind looking at their camera and telling me where your settings are for these ones...I would really appreciate it:

resolution
    focus mode
    ISO

thanks again

7. Wendimn

I'm taking the phone back today...hopefully tmobile can show me what I am doing wrong...otherwise I am going back to my blackberry :(

8. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

Wendimn - I, too, came from a BB. This camera does take some fiddling w/ as opposed to the BB camera where you'd just point & click & it took great pics. For normal outdoor shots you don't really need to do anything. For indoor, I use the macro setting, the indoor setting or night mode depending on the lighting. Just play around w/ the settings a bit, you'll get the hang of it. For me, everything else that the Vibrant offers that the BB doesn't is worth having a camera I have to fiddle w/ a bit more.

9. Nickk

Nickk Active Member

Please tell me you are focusing the camera before taking pictures and holding it still.

10. SamsungVibrant

Good point NickK.. I have a bold 9700 and that thing takes pretty still photos. You need to adjust the settings on the vibrant, and hold it absolutely still, if you even move your hand a little it will come out blurry. However, I have this all worked out perfect now, I hold my hand still, and take awesome pics. I love the cam and video recording on this phone.

11. SamsungVibrant

hey penguin, how is your gps.

12. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

13. Wendimn

If it is on auto focus...do you still have to focus it in?? If so...nope...not doing that. You tap the screen to focus??? But yes...holding it still.

14. Wendimn

Thanks...it is just soo frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a place that explains how to work stuff on this phone...not in detail anyway

15. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

There are a bunch of settings for the camera. Maybe you arent using the right one.

16. Wendimn

thanks

17. SamsungVibrant

Are you taking pics in good good lit areas. If you try taking a picture with low lights there is lots of background noise.

So you should go into your phones camera settings. I'll tell you my settings.
    Focus Mode: Auto Focus
    Scene Mode: None..... sometimes I set it to night mode
    Timer: Off
    Resolution: 2560x1920. Make sure you set this to max!
    White Balance: Auto
    Effects: Normal
    Iso: Auto
    Metering: Centre-weighted
    Anti Shake: Its ghosted out, wont let me select
    Auto Contrast: Also ghosted out
    Blink detection: I checked this on
    IMAGE QUALITY: Set this to superfine
    Adjust: I didn't touch these settings

Also you have to keep another thing in mind. The BlackBerry has a really small screen, so pictures artifically look high quality, because you aren't really blowing them up.

However, because we have a beutiful 4 inch screen, we easily zoom in and out, and when you zoom in on your beutiful 4 inch screen the picture obviously will not look as great.

I just ran a test. Took the bold 9700, and my phone. Took the exact same pic on both, upload to your computer, and look at the difference there. Hardly noticable difference, but yes on the bolds tiny tiny screen, the picture looks more sharp, it is decieving.

Wendimn and mrgolfrider like this.
  18. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Camera on the Vibrant? OUT-FREAKIN-STANDING!

I just shot this in my front yard :D Shooting in an awkward position and not all that stable. All I did was downsize the image (800x600) for the forum.

[ps. they call them "crackberry" for a reason - a relapse might be explainable]
    [​IMG]

19. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Mine camera takes excellent pics i think..

20. SamsungVibrant

oh one other thing, when you want to take a pic with your vibrant, there is some white box that pops up. you can move that white box around to whatever you want to be in focus. then do 1 tap of the white box, give it a couple seconds as it focuses, then the white box turns green, meaning its in focus and ready to snap photos.

21. SamsungVibrant

Incase you guys are wondering how to zoom in and out when you want to take a pic......simply use your volume rocker up and down keys to zoom in and out.

22. the1who

the1who Well-Known Member

I have seen people take pictures without moving the camera, focus on object in foreground, then focus object in background. Make sure you have selected your focus target.

Next, I would recommend enabling the anti-shake feature, it has been a great help for me, no I don't smoke and get the shakes like my dad, not like you needed to know that, but it helps create crystal clear pictures in a sense.

Also, have you tried taking a 720p video yet? I mean can the Blackberry really provide the same?

23. SamsungVibrant

So how are you enjoying the phone, camera settings work better now?

24. wearespacepeople

wearespacepeople Well-Known Member

Very satisfied with the Vibrants camera, especially outdoor shots, maybe not as sharp as my standalone camera but still, too little of a difference to care, plus all of my media stays on one device and I don't have to worry about transfering files from multiple devices. So in other words, I don't even use my standalone camera anymore. You might also want to look into the app called Camera 360. Has many great camera effects and also a stabilizer that will only take the shot only if the camera is stable, works great. :)

25. GalaxyS_Superphone112

GalaxyS_Superphone112 Well-Known Member

go into settings in the camera app and select anti shake YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE CHECK if you click anywhere else it'll just tell you what its for. after you click anti shake and the check turns green you can take pictures running i took this one while this bus with the advertisement on it was driving away

[​IMG]

BLACKBERRY WILL NEVER COMPARE TO THIS PHONE
    DON'T EVER USE VIBRANT AND BLACKBERRY IN THE SAME SENTENCE AGAIN! :-D