CameraSupport

Last Updated:

1. rawly

rawly Member This Topic's Starter

One thing I am disappointed about on this phone is the Camera. Don't know if this is because of Android 1.6 or just a lack of features from SE, but you can't seem to do anything at all. Zoom, Focus, face detection?

Also I used the NeoReader App which is default with the phone, but I can't get a clear image of the 3D barcodes as the camera won't focus when close up!

Am I missing some functions here or is the camera really so dire?

Advertisement
  2. MiniDroid

MiniDroid Well-Known Member

The camera has no hardware zoom, you could get a digital zoom from some apps but that won't give you good pictures (digital zooms works by scaling the picture rather then getting closer as the optical hardware zooms does).

Focus is auto and you engange the focus function by holding the camera button halfway down, keep holding it down til you hear a sound or see the green focus area, then you can press all the way down to take the picture.

NeoReader is supposed to autofocus, mine works perfect and I don't do anything. Just keep the phone still (try different distances) or "zoom" in on the bar code by leading the phone closer slowly.
    You don't need to be very close, I scan from the monitor at 30cm away.

3. sublow

sublow Well-Known Member

I'm on the look out for a camera that will digital zoom and use the flash. It would be good if the volume buttons could be used for the flash.

I know digital zoom isn't great but if I'm just going MMS/email the photo it would be good enough.

As for NeoReader I just move in and out from about 2 to 6 inches and it seems to pick the barcode up.