• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you happy with your camera

• Yes

Votes: 52 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 64 50.8%
  • This phone has a camera?

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters
I haven't been too unhappy with the camera. Quality of images is OK. User interface could be better. For my purposes I really wish there was a one-touch flash configuration button. Going down through the menu when I want to change it is somewhat of a pain. I'm interested to find out here about the Pro Camera option. Will have to try that.

-Scott

Upvote 0
I bought this cool camera called the Droid and what ya know, it has a phone on it! Who woulda thought you could get a camera with a phone on it... ;)

kinda funny. i see the sarcasm, but please tell me you didn't spend $550 on just a phone. well, you might have spent $200 and signed your name for a 2 year agreement. either way, it's too much for a ....PHONE.

i've never spent $550 on a camera ..... or a phone ...

i spent $550 on a phone, camera, web browser, instant messager, game console, mp3 player, tv, movie player, and i'm still paying $115 a month for it.

this next part is not directed towards you, it's just my thought on the subject in general.

i DO expect better results. the camera should not be an afterthought. in my opinion, it is AS important as any other aspect of the phone. i am willing to bet that there are people that utilize the camera function as much or more than the phone function. i know there are DEFINITELY people that text and search the web far more than they talk on it. to call this, or any smart phone a PHONE is to call a 2010 lexus a skateboard.

we deserve better

Upvote 0
I carry a digital Rebel with me pretty much where ever I go, so the camera in the phone works for what I use it for. I usually just use it for quick twitter crap, or for "notes". Server serial numbers, damage to laptops and whatnot. I've never expected much from phone cameras, there's just not enough lens or imaging sensor to create spectacular images. It's good enough to "get the point across".

Upvote 0
The stock camera does leave a lot to be desired, however it's not completely terrible. If you're concerned with the speed and don't care about the MP, drop the picture size down to 3MP, and set quality to fine or normal. This makes it a good bit faster and better for the "off-the-cuff" shots. The pictures are still more than sufficient for your choice of social networking sites.

If you want to improve the quality of finer pics, I have found Camera Zoom FX to be better than the stock app. However it still doesn't quite compare to a dedicated camera device. As for those pictures on Flickr that look amazing, I would pretty much guarantee they have had some post-processing done in Photoshop.

Upvote 0
I am extremely dissapointed in my camera. My old LG NV3 was, by far, superior in this regard. The pics taken with the droid are grainy and badly out of focus.

And this is odd, as a friend took pictures and a video of a car of mine and had absolutely fantastic results, even if you played it on a TV it looked great.

I had an enV Touch and a Dare. Both phones had better cameras and they were slow. I guess I didn't know how good I had it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones