CameraSupport

Last Updated:

1. oaklane

oaklane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A couple of times when I'm taking a picture and of course it's that once in a lifetime picture, I click the shutter on the screen and it goes right back to the home screen. So I know I didn't get the picture - any fix to this?

It happens more than I care to see it happen.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I use the app Camera Zoom FX, and I never have this problem. The stock app is pretty bad, as I recall. I also hear that Camera360 is good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInNsaWRlLmNhbWVyYVpvb20iXQ..

One thing that I like about CameraZoom FX - you can set the volume buttons to be shutter buttons. It's pretty handy. If you get the app, hit menu and check the settings, though - I think you have to adjust some of the defaults (such as automatic storage of pictures.)

3. oaklane

Awesome, I just downloaded it and I'll give it a try. I did take off the shutter sound as a first change and the next time I used it, the sound was there. Also when I went to take a picture it didn't ask what I wanted as a default application even though said in the tips that it would.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It seems to ignore that setting (the shutter sound), unfortunately. If you are rooted you can rename/delete (I usually rename) the camera_click.ogg file.

To set the default app, menu->settings->camera - default camera is there. (You probably want to go to the save menu and set it to autosave, and set the camera folder that you want.)

5. oaklane

Ya I did that. I also have the home key set so that 2 taps brings up the camera and it brings up the stock camera.

6. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

Go menu > settings > applications > all (tab) > camera app > "Clear defaults".

This applies to anything where you would be able to select a default app.

7. Shurple

Shurple Well-Known Member

I have used 3 different camera apps and camera360 killed my battery and crashed a lot. I used FX too and it crashed a lot and i tried one other (can't remember the name) and it was so cumbersome i deleted it.

My stock constantly crashes to desktop but i've yet to find an app i like and that doesn't kill my battery.

8. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

I like ProCapture. It's worth the $, IMO.

doogald likes this.
  9. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

I second that. Never crashes and has a decent response time when snapping pictures unlike the excuse for a camera app that motorola included. And right now its 75% off at only $.99! Totally worth the full price let alone that kind of discount.

10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Thanks for the recommendation. The day after I type that stuff about Camera FX Pro above I found that the settings were reset to default and that all of the photos that I took on Saturday were not saved by default. ProCapture is just fine, thanks.

11. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

The one thing I hated about this phone is the camera. Any time we need to take a picture I used to grab my wifes iphone because the camera is so fast!

A few weeks ago i found this great app Fast Burst Camera. It's super fast!!!
    I bought the paid version.
    By default the settings are low quality. But just bring them up you're good to go!

12. oaklane

Does the ProCapture do video as well? Im getting ready to go back to the stock as the Camera Zoom Fx keeps resetting and I think it's saved the shot and it didnt but I don't want the camera app to not be able to do both the still and video.

13. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

No, ProCapture is still photos only, no video. You can use stock for video, or you'll have to find another app.

14. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Is there another app for video? Or one that is noteworthy?