• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bobbyd68

May 30, 2010
have been a nokia man for years now,but saw the desire once in a vodafone store,and loved it!!only issues just now are the battery life,and the video camera.took a video of our pup,and it was"jerky".was'nt in low light or anything.so tried another video in an even lighter area,but was the same.is this a software issue or are there settings to cancel this out??many thanks.

Try Camera Zoom Fx I get much better shots than the standard camera.
It could be the stability check or the fact you can set jpeg to 100% or something else.

EDIT: Tried some shots with each. One thing I note is that Widescreen actually zooms in to achieve this and looses some detail.
will try that,and let you know.tx for your help.:)

Upvote 0
I've tested 4x different handsets and I agree bobby, the video has a slight 'ripple' type movement to it (this happened on all 4x phones) so I'm of the opinion it's just the way it is.

I'm not unhappy with the video, it's not awesome but it's good enough :)

Movie 'wobble' is a well know issue with most types of CMOS imaging sensor, popularly used in very small and inexpensive cameras, from Webcams to cameraphones, but also some big and expensive DSLR cameras.

The problem is caused by the pixels being read-out in series from the top of the frame to the bottom. This is called a rolling shutter. If there is any motion during the frame read-out, there will be motion distortion. So if you shake your camera from left to right you will see a wobbling effect that can be very unpleasant. The only remedy is to avoid fast camera movements and to keep the camera as steady as possible.

Ian

Reactions: bobbyd68
Upvote 0
tx for that ian. the light sensor from the camera goes darker for a few moments,then goes lighter.noticed this whilst taking a video of our pup in the livingroom which allows plenty light.almost impossible to get a decent video of the pup without the"jerky"or"strobing"effect,as he runs around a lot.like I said earlier,not a MAJOR issue,but an issue none the less.can only hope the next update(whenever that'll be)will be the cure.tx again.
bob.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones