1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can a barcode app do.....

Last Updated:

1. tomwheldon

tomwheldon New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I send backup tapes offsite each day, and every day I have to write down the barcode numbers and print them off so the driver can sign for them to say he has taken them.

I know there is a 101 apps to scan, but they are all for shopping, is there a free app that will simply let me scan more than 1 item at a time, then show the scanned items in a report so I can email it myself from my phone?

Just a text file that list barcodes in a row would be nice!

Tom

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Try searching appbrain. The majority are shopping-related but there are others as well if you look around. Here's one I found after a few seconds of looking on appbrain:
    barcode2file - Android app on AppBrain

3. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

You may have trouble finding an app like that because I've tried 3 different barcode scanners and they are all for existing barcodes (such as on purchased products). What you want to do (it sounds like) is to scan barcodes that your company uses which are not in a national database.

You may need to get the help of an app developer to create a custom app that does what you need.

4. tomwheldon

tomwheldon New Member This Topic's Starter

That is SPOT ON! I couldnt ask the app to do any more... this is going to make life so much easier... thanks takeshi