Can a deactivated droid 2 be used with wifi connection?

1. hotcorner22

hotcorner22 New Member

I have an old Motorola droid 2 that has been deactivated from verizon service. It works fine, but anytime I try to go online or do anything except play music and the simple downloaded games I have I get..."A network error has occured. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen." How can I use my droid without the phone service? As I stated, home page comes up, music and camera all work no issues. It just won't connect to internet, market or any other apps which require an internet connection. thank you

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I have a deactivated Droid X and it does everything except voice or transfer data through a tower.

To transfer data I have Wi-Fi enabled on my Droid X and it communicates to the Internet through the wireless router in my office.

To establish the connection I had to configure the Wi-Fi options on my Droid X to provide the appropriate password when establishing the Wi-Fi connection to my wireless router.

... Thom
  3. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

I have an optimus v, that I use wifi only every once in awhile.
    I had a droid 2 for 3 days, I used it on wifi all day. Never had a problem with it.
  4. hotcorner22

hotcorner22 New Member

thanks for the reply. I can at least show connection to the internet through my wi-fi, it just won't connect or bring any websites up. damndest thing.
  5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Turn off mobile data?