• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can a Froyo user test Iheartradio and post

philly0128

Jul 11, 2010
Philly
Is there any one who upgraded over the weekend w/ froyo that has iheartradio install, I would like to know if anyone else is having problems getting it to work, today all mine is doing is saying connecting. I've been using it for about 2 months at my desk here at work and I've never had a problem, now I am. After testing I found that I can get it to work via wifi if my signal is good, then if I turn off the wifi, it just says connecting again, and if I try 4G I only get 1 bar @ my job but it just says connecting as well

I've found a work around to get IHeartRadio to work after FroYo on the EVO.

If you start IHR, and then turn on WiFi (you don't have to connect to a network, just turn it on), IHR gets past the "connecting" point, and works.

You can then turn off WiFi.

This bug is a big PITA, but with WiFi tether working, and this work around, at least now I don't have to keep going back to 2.1 just for IHR

Upvote 0
My IHR is not working now either after the Froyo 2.2 OTA.
I was working befor and I swore it worked last night.
I tried
"If you start IHR, and then turn on WiFi (you don't have to connect to a network, just turn it on), IHR gets past the "connecting" point, and works."
And that did not work for me. As soon as I kill the Wifi, IHR quits.
Seems like it's an intermittent problem with my IHR.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones