• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can a phone be reformatted for another carrier?

JErgle

Lurker
Jul 23, 2015
I have a stock Samsung Note Edge running Lollipop and not rooted. This is a Verizon carrier formatted phone and I've recently switched to AT&T.

I am curious if there is any way that all of the Verizon formatting could be cleared from the device and have it reformatted with all of the AT&T apps and widgets.

I have a friend with the same phone with the AT&T carrier to copy the formatting if possible.

I don't think you'd be able to do anything with it since over at XDA there's still no rom's for it yet and no root still.

Can I ask why not Page Plus Cellular? Verizon coverage, prepaid prices, that's if the esn is clear and not blacklisted. You'd even get LTE and they have a unlimited data plan package as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones