Can all Androids kill like a Galaxy Ace?

1. HappyJoe

HappyJoe Well-Known Member

My Ace was my second phone and I was pleased to see that, unlike it's predecessor, if the Back button was long-pressed it threw up a message saying 'Application killed'. My next two (non-Samsung) tablets didn't do this.

Without getting into the tiring 'App-Killer' debate, I wonder if this was an OS option - that Samsung activated and others haven't - or something unique to their implementation?

If nothing else, it felt 'cleaner' to be able to use it...

Advertisement
  2. akamad

akamad Well-Known Member

What tablets are you using? In ICS, you should be able to go to Settings-->Apps then force stop any apps you want to. Of course, this isn't as easy as the method you mentioned. But perhaps this is a conscious choice by manufacturers to stop people from killing apps.
  3. brian40

brian40 Member

My wife owns a asus transformer 101 and she just presses the power button, it ask do you want to turn off, she selects yes, tablet turns off, she presses power button for 3 sec. and reboots. All un-needed apps closed down.
  4. alfredjarry69

alfredjarry69 Active Member

It can be. But New new samsung won't provide it. Maclaw had designed a CM9(ICS) create which functions absolutely 95% but offering it will gap your warranty
  5. HappyJoe

HappyJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder! I am now downloading the GalaxyICS update for my Ace.

My Ace does this double-Back-to-kill under his ROM (20120512, my current one) too, so that says its not Samsung's software, anyway. I'll keep looking.
  6. !on

!on Well-Known Member

It must depend on the rom. CM7 (GB) has long press on back key to kill app.