Can Android 2.1 work for the Eris

1. renetrejo

renetrejo Member

Wow, sounds like we're at Defcon 4! Here come the Soviets!
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

yes, i would think so.
  3. dsmith1

dsmith1 Member

at start up google partner set up force close
  4. Caddyman

and you cant get past it to the home screen?
  5. dsmith1

dsmith1 Member

i canuse eveything thatdoes not involve a google account . i cant log in
  6. whewstoosae

whewstoosae Well-Known Member

I'm super excited and super confused at the same time!?
  7. Caddyman

go to settings, apps, manage apps, and clear data on google services
  8. condog

condog Well-Known Member

THE UPDATES ARE COMING, THE UPDATES ARE COMING!! this sounds like a bad one though. I've heard reports that it doesn't include sense for those who get it working. And with no official documents from verizon or anything from HTC makes me worry.
  9. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Well this doesn't look good at all.:(
  10. JoCo1289

JoCo1289 Well-Known Member

does this mean we will be able to download the ota on this site and update our devices ourselves soon like some of us did for the previous one?
  11. dsmith1

dsmith1 Member

wish it was that easy. didnt work. thanks
  12. albiewan

albiewan Well-Known Member

Copy and pasted this from CNET today: BARCELONA, Spain--In addition to introducing two new Android phones, HTC revealed on Tuesday that it will release an Android 2.1 update for the HTC Droid Eris as well as the Sprint and GSM versions of the HTC Hero.
    The company said the devices should be getting most of the features of Android 2.1 as well as the enhanced HTC Sense user experience that was announced today. However, it will ultimately be up to the carriers to determine which features make it onto the device. Unfortunately, HTC did not give any time frame for when the update might be rolled out.
  13. condog

condog Well-Known Member

have u tried contacting verizon or htc? either this is a bad update or there might of been an error when you got the update. I had heard of a feb. 22 2.1 update so maybe its just now starting to roll out?
  14. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

i think this is just a bad update, it has already been *confirmed* that we will get a 2.1 update with Sense UI
  15. OfTheDamned

I find it very strange that people are reporting 2.1 with out Sense.

I wonder if maybe this was supposed to be the Moto update and the switch was flipped on the wrong phones.
  16. Caddyman

that would be epic
  17. OfTheDamned

Yeah, epic fail
  18. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

What is "epic" is a leaked, likely flawed, rogue update that is actually coming OTA to innocent users.
  19. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

This was my initial thought. There would have been some kind of announcement if 2.1 was beginning to be shipped out to the Eris.
  20. betg1492

betg1492 Active Member

haha ether thats the real update or someone at VZW might have just lost there job but i would be money that they are rolling out only a few at a time or a bad update

but factory reset didnt work umm weird try taking it to a store
  21. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

It's possible that the update is large and complex enough that the plan is to send it via multiple updates ... maybe 2.1 in the first update, followed immediately by Sense in the next? Who knows ...
  22. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

Take a picture of your homescreen and some other stuff. That version number can be faked very easily if the phone is rooted.
  23. dsmith1

dsmith1 Member

so no one knows how to fix it? error, google partner setup application has stopped unexpectedly , please try again . force close
  24. condog

condog Well-Known Member

the eris hasn't been rooted yet.
  25. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

ok, if its rooted then tell us that, we Eris users don't have either 2.1 or root!!