• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Android be installed on a PC?

The possabilityes are endless.

I would love to see a car manufacture just let android be the in car control system. From navigation, audio, even controling things like the AC and windows.

Actualy, if you happend to be someone how knows the innerworkings of your cars ECU (comptuer) you could very well interface your car with Android. Which would be very cool.

Upvote 0
The possabilityes are endless.

absolutely, that quote should never be forgot.

in fact, i took a asus EEEpc removed the screen, had it fiber glassed into the double din slot of the console, had the display cable custom made to run 3.5 feet and mounted the rest of the eeepc next to the ecu to make for easy connectivity with the notebook and ecu. also added soundblaster audigy external for sound quality.
This provided on the fly ecu air/fuel modding, and of course all the basics, mph,rpm,gph,oil pres, temp.
it wasnt touch screen but whatev. i got paid well lol.

now i can tell you this, the newer the car the easier it will be to setup a system that will control everything including climate. as everyone knows cars are supercomputers now days lol.

ecu's are easy to "read" once you understand how they are written.

you can find information about the specific vehicles ecu's on many websites and forums. even the manufacturer may be of help if you get someone that enjoys his/her job and takes interest in your cause.

Things i can recomend to get you going.

OBD II reader
laptop.
spare ECU for your EXACT make model of the vehicle.
Chiltons manual
spare time.
lots and lots of paitents are always good to stock up on lol.

Questions? Ask!

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones