Can Androids Sync With Each Other?

Last Updated:

1. MdX MaxX

MdX MaxX Active Member This Topic's Starter

Android tablets seem pretty cool, but what about those who already have Android smartphones? Will they have to manage two separate devices if they get tablets as well?

My question is this: Can android devices sync apps and settings between each other? Will a Google account transfer all apps on one device to another automatically?

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I doubt it, especially as we haven't even seen a tablet yet. Also, the iPad / iPhone / iPod touch do not sync with each other.

I have both iPod Touch / iPhone and it is a pain sometimes to keep them synced, all part of the relative immaturity of these devices right now.

3. sudonix

sudonix New Member

I hate to resurrect an old thread but I'm curious about this as well. The possibility is there. I have Samsung Fascinate that has all my programs, contacts, etc. I just setup my Gmail account on a freshly wiped Droid X and shortly after I noticed that the wallpaper had changed to that of my original phone. A while later, I noticed all my programs were also available on the Droid X. No data files or anything like the download folder seem to have transferred.

I would like to know what is responsible for this function and how can it be turned on/off.

*It appears this is part of the Google backup service. My Fascinate was backed up to the Google servers and when I used the same account on the Droid X it restored the data to the phone.

Is there any way to access and/or manage the data from the back up online? i checked Google Dashboard and looked for any other service and couldn't find one.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums! What you're stating is pretty much impossible right now with Android.

There is nothing I know of that can do what you described.

Google back up service does not back up wallpapers. Something else must account for what happened.

5. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

Android phones and tablets can sync each other (and as a matter of fact, iPods Touches and iPhones too using Google Sync). But all of them will sync contacts and calendars only. Beyond that, the Androids will also sync knowledge of paid apps. But they will not mirror the installation of wallpapers and apps for you. You still have to download them, even if a purchased app is marked free on Phone B after purchasing it from Phone B.

This lets you adjust the phones via their differences in memory, brand, interface, regionality and capability.

Oh and its easy to sync iPod Touches and iPhones wirelessly without using iTunes. Using Google Sync too. Like on the Androids, it will pretty much sync your Google Contacts and Calendar. And these will sync with your Android phones as well.