• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can any

Not legitimately you can't, as Samsung's apps are copyrighted and thus only distributable with their permission.

Btw, that error msg sounds like it might be due to the app being restricted in your region.

I just sent my S HEALTH app to my pc just to check what are u saying ^^^
And bingo.it was successful. Haven't u used SHAREIT * install it now .it's very useful.transfer file 10times faster than Bluetooth by making wifi hotspot.try it now .

Upvote 0
I just sent my S HEALTH app to my pc just to check what are u saying

I didn't say that it wasn't possible. However "sharing" apps without permission from the copyright owner is piracy, even if they are free-to-download. As the developer of ShareIt states:

Please share responsibly. Transfer of copyright files are at the discretion of the user.

Upvote 0
The core Android OS is open source, but Google do not enforce a policy of all apps being open source (Google's own apps are not, nor are Samsung's).

If you want open source apps you can use them. F-Droid is an app store where all apps are open source (it has its own app in the Play Store if you want to try it). But Google also allow closed source apps, and if you use those you must respect the developer's wishes (as indeed is true for open source - make sure you stick within the license terms there).

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
[...] what's the problem if i get the app from any one? ?

The problem is that it's not allowed here. As the Site Rules state:

Linking to pirated/illegal software: It's a shame I actually have to touch on this. Don't do it. It will be removed and repeat offenses will result in a ban.

If this app isn't available via the Samsung App Store then it's either restricted by region or there's a problem with the App Store. I suggest that you contact Samsung to find out which it is.

Upvote 0
It is up to the author of an app how it is distributed and who is allowed to distribute it. Even free apps should not be redistributed without the developer's agreement. Of course many developers may be happy for people to distribute them, but if they have not explicitly said so then it is an infringement of copyright to do so. That's a general principle, and even if you can see no good reason why the copyright holder should not permit sharing that is still their choice to make.

The difference with Open Source is that you have a license which explicitly permits sharing, so the author has given you permission.

Now in this particular case there was a suspicion that the reason you couldn't download it from the store was that Samsung did not want it distributed in your country. If that is so (which we don't know for sure, but let's assume so for the sake of illustrating the point) then it would be very clear that someone sharing it with you another way would be doing so against the wishes of the developer. And since you put emphasis on the app being "free", I'll note that your reason for wanting it was to get free access to books that you would otherwise have had to pay for (or, of course, not download). Therefore in this specific case it's not true that sharing the app has no financial implications for anyone else.

Not trying to get on your case here, just pointing out that this stuff isn't as simple and one-sided as "they are not charging for the app so what's the problem?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones