• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can any ROM handle bluetooth and wifi simultaneously?

kjjb0204

Android Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2010
Tried 4 ROMs so far, Skyraider 2.5.2 and 3.0, and Virtuous 2.7 and 3.0. My wifi completely turns itself off about a minute after beginning a phone call while on bluetooth. Can anyone please confirm if your wifi stays on and connected while on a bluetooth call, and if so, what ROM, radio and kernel are you running?

Thank you!

You may be on the right track there.
I remember way back when doing a lot of PPC development, some devices' firmware could not handle having the WiFi and Bluetooth radios going at the same time.

So apps had to be written so that if they switched from WiFi to Bluetooth they would turn off WiFi.

Just maybe....

Upvote 0
I have used SkyRaider 3.0 Vanilla and Sense and also Virtious 2.7 and 3.01 . The biggest thing I use my phone for is music and streaming baseball games and I always listen over bluetooth and when I'm at home I'm doing this while connect to WiFI . I've never noticed a problem.
I do however not use my phone over bluetooth it's strickly for audio, I can't stand taking a phone call with bluetooth. So I've never tried that

Upvote 0
I have used SkyRaider 3.0 Vanilla and Sense and also Virtious 2.7 and 3.01 . The biggest thing I use my phone for is music and streaming baseball games and I always listen over bluetooth and when I'm at home I'm doing this while connect to WiFI . I've never noticed a problem.
I do however not use my phone over bluetooth it's strickly for audio, I can't stand taking a phone call with bluetooth. So I've never tried that

How does one stream baseball games :)

Upvote 0
I had almost the exact same problem with my first dinc. If I was on a phone call with my Bluetooth headset the WiFi would eventually cut out. This was a consistent problem i had from opening the box through many different roms. After replacing my phone for a different problem I no longer have the problem. My vote... flakey radio chip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones