Can any ROM handle bluetooth and wifi simultaneously?

Last Updated:

1. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tried 4 ROMs so far, Skyraider 2.5.2 and 3.0, and Virtuous 2.7 and 3.0. My wifi completely turns itself off about a minute after beginning a phone call while on bluetooth. Can anyone please confirm if your wifi stays on and connected while on a bluetooth call, and if so, what ROM, radio and kernel are you running?

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. kjjb0204

Gotta be a few kind souls out there that will give this a test for me and report back......

3. kjjb0204

Oh well, guess not.

4. jskolm85

jskolm85 Active Member

I am running Virtuous 3.0 with the custom kernal and I have no issue with wifi while using my bluetooth headset.

5. kjjb0204

Thanks js! What radio are you running?

6. jskolm85

jskolm85 Active Member

radio 2.15.00.09.01

kjjb0204 likes this.
  7. kjjb0204

Ok, thanks. That's the exact same setup I'm running. Maybe I'll try removing some apps one by one and see. No idea what might be causing wifi to completely shut off. Thanks js!

8. Ed Zachary

Ed Zachary Member

You may be on the right track there.
    I remember way back when doing a lot of PPC development, some devices' firmware could not handle having the WiFi and Bluetooth radios going at the same time.

So apps had to be written so that if they switched from WiFi to Bluetooth they would turn off WiFi.

Just maybe....

9. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I have used SkyRaider 3.0 Vanilla and Sense and also Virtious 2.7 and 3.01 . The biggest thing I use my phone for is music and streaming baseball games and I always listen over bluetooth and when I'm at home I'm doing this while connect to WiFI . I've never noticed a problem.
    I do however not use my phone over bluetooth it's strickly for audio, I can't stand taking a phone call with bluetooth. So I've never tried that

10. vandeec5

vandeec5 Well-Known Member

How does one stream baseball games :)

11. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

MLB At Bat . It's great you can chose home and away streams, and it's very reliable and clean. The app is $15, although it would be a waste now.

But I probably listened to 80 White Sox games this year, too bad they collapsed on themselves, I blame Manny lol

12. menos

menos Member

I had almost the exact same problem with my first dinc. If I was on a phone call with my Bluetooth headset the WiFi would eventually cut out. This was a consistent problem i had from opening the box through many different roms. After replacing my phone for a different problem I no longer have the problem. My vote... flakey radio chip.

13. kjjb0204

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm going to try flashing some different combinations of radios and Roms and see. Can't really exchange. Unrevoked forever........