Can anybody help make my Google Voice App work?

Last Updated:

1. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have set up the Google Voice App to link to my Google voice account and I select the "ask to use google voice for each call" and the "always use google voice" options and neither work. There is no way to place calls within the app, and when I use the phone app nothing happens. I have no idea what to do.

*update* Figured out you can only do that using your contacts. Seems pretty limited, even the generic iphone app could dial direct. Oh well, maybe they will update in the future.

Advertisement
  2. VoXHTC

VoXHTC Well-Known Member

There's another app for GV - however once you set GV to be used on every call. You use the dial pad as you normally would and GV will pop up and you'll see that GV is handling your call.
    In order to have GV hand your voicemails you must call Sprint and ask for call forwarding and give them your GV number. It will cost you to do this for each voicemail that you get. Having the transcribe feature for voicemail and being to able archive voicemails is priceless in my opinion.

3. Lessthantito

Lessthantito New Member

It should not cost you anything now Sprint has changed the way they do call forwarding so that Google Voice is free BUT if you use *72 call forwarding you will be charged $.20 per call

4. VoXHTC

VoXHTC Well-Known Member

They've been charging me... zzzz Getting on the phone now. I had them change it, I have no idea if they set it up using *72 or not. I didn't do it on my end.