Can anybody help??

Last Updated:

1. bobbyboy

bobbyboy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all. I'm new to this site, and very new to this world of custom roms, rooting etc. I have a droid eris i got in a trade. it has kaos froyo v31. Iwant to activate the phone, but am having a couple issues i would like to resolve before doing so.
    When i try to use the camera, the phone powers itself off and then back on. And when i dial the *228 to activate it I have no dial pad to select the option to program the phone.
    I hope someone can share some knowledge on how to fix these problems. And thank you to everyone in advance.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

That's an unfortunate side effect for some people with Kaos Froyo. You may want to update to V34, in which the camera is more stable.

Another weirdness. You can long-press on the Menu softkey to get the keyboard to pop up and then press 1 from there.

bobbyboy likes this.
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Or you can dial *22899 and it won't ask you to dial in any more numbers, it will just run through the setup process.

bobbyboy likes this.
  4. bobbyboy

bobbyboy New Member This Topic's Starter

How would i update? Im not as tech. savvy as id like to be.

5. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

just download the newest version from XDA here [ROM]KaosFroyo V34 [09/08] [FROYO] - xda-developers and put it on your sd card.

back up your apps and other items stored on phone if desired
    then power your phone off and then hold the volume down and power buttons until the phone comes to a white screen and then it will give you two options, go into recovery and something else i forget but do what ever it says to do to go into recovery (i think volume up)

then go to wipe/ factory reset and do a reset to erase all data from phone

after that press volume down to go back and go to flash zip and select the kaos v34 zip and it will do its thing and then select reboot and you will have the latest/more stable version.

bobbyboy likes this.