Can anyone compare BB v1.0 and CM 5.0.6.2?

Last Updated:

1. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Any users who have run both, compare the two? Would love to hear your opinions. Only thing holding me back from BB v1.0 is the lack of App2SD which I currently use in CM 5.0.6.2

Advertisement
  2. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

I haven't used App2SD yet. But I went back to CM once I noticed no battery percent in the icon.

I know it's minor, but it means a lot to me. I hear BB1.1 will get the %, so I'll try BB1.1 when it drops.

And honestly, get ROM manager and try them. Backup your current ROM, flash BB1, try it out. Then if you don't like it, you can go back to CM without any loss of anything.

3. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member

I've been running both and prefer BB. CM does have the battery %, apps2sd, 360screen rotation and some other touches regarding music and dialer which I do like. But I always end up back at BB. My suggestion, get rom manager and try each for a few days. With rom manager, flashing roms is ridiculously easy and fast! I switch between 3 roms pretty regularly.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

The battery percentage in the notification bar is an option in spare parts.

Personally I like CM better. For me BB is no faster which is the main benefit most people say it has. I use a lot of features of CM like full screen browser, no zoom controls on the browser, battery percentage in notification bar, options from the better contacts and mms apps, and I am sure there are more that I cant think of at the moment. BB doesnt have these features which makes me revert back to CM pretty quickly every time I have tried BB.

5. jackburnt

Not for BB, which is my gripe.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

oh the way you wrote that it sounded like you went back to CM and that was no longer there.

7. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

the only thing that BB offered me was a little bit more speed. however after updating to CM 5.0.7-test1 i can say atleast on my phone it runs just as fast. really snappy even at 600mhz

Both BB and CM are great roms for me CM just has a couple unique features that keep me going back to it.

8. jackburnt

I went back to CM once I noticed it wasn't in BB. Looking forward to BB1.1

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

yea I got it now

10. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

BB. Cm just has too much going on and it really rapes my battery life. Too much clutter that I really don't need. BB works nice and fast, simple and clean.

11. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Honestly, CM's biggest advantage for me was the full screen browser but since I've been using Dolphin HD and Skyfire...the speed advantage of BB 1.0 is why I'm running it (NexBeast to be exact). Both are really good ROMs though. CM has more features but for me (and most others) BB is just SO fast.

12. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

BB V1.0 is noticeable faster than CM which tends to hang a lot. I have run both with Bekit's 1.0 kernel and trust me BB is much faster. My Sweeterhome really rocks now!

13. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

CM has nice little features everywhere. Like the battery % icon, the reboot phone option in the power menu, holding the volume up button even when the screen is locked to skip songs, etc. CM is the only ROM that gets updated from AOSP so it gets nice new features all the time.

14. Rons

Rons Well-Known Member

Another feature CM has that i use often and BB doesn't have is being able to skip music using the volume rocker while the phone is sleeping.
    Is there anyway BB can incorporate this?

15. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Probably not, as I said in my previous post above, that's a feature from AOSP and Bugless Beast (and every ROM except for CyanogenMod, actually) is built from Moto's ROM.

jwoair23 likes this.
  16. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

Personally BB and CM seem to run just about as fast for me but CM has so many more features right now that I will be sticking with it until at least BB 1.1 but by then CM 5.0.7 will probably be out and be equally as good.

17. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I used BB from nearly since it came out but haoM and am very happy. ROM Manager has a lot of support for it, and tons of themes that don't require Metamorph. I've found the speed differences (when using the same kernel) to be next to nothing. For me, battery life is better on CM. I also got those reboots when unmounting SD card on BB, and the double boots when turning the phone on. I rarely do these things, but it was enough to turn me off. Anyway, like others have said, try both, it's easy enough to switch back and forth.

18. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member

+1

19. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

BB, nust because battery is so much better

20. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

I've found negligible battery life differences between them.