Can anyone figure this out?

Last Updated:

1. Lancedroid

Lancedroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 11, 2009
    I ride a motorcycle and found this great item at the Harley Davidson shop.

It's a magnetic see through case for ipods which I purchased to use for my Droid (fits fine). The thing works like a charm until I replaced normal ear buds with earbuds that also have a microphone with the theory that I could answer calls in addition to listening to music while riding (ok, no safety lectures please Mom).

So here is the challenge....when using the mic-buds along with the case the Droid keeps auto-launching the music player. It was also reacting to the magnets and movement and launched the Car Dock app so I downloaded a Dock Blocker assuming it was the docking that was causing the auto music app launch. No luck, music app keeps launching-pausing-launching. Now I believe it has something to do with the mic-buds that have 4 connectors on the plug versus the standard 3 on music buds.

Can anyone help me come up with a solution that will prevent auto-launching of the music app?

BTW, the whole thing works like a charm when using standard music buds. Sits on the tank, won't budge even at high speeds, easy to see, listen to, and work with. Great little item for you fellow motorcycle riders imo.

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I think you're right, it is the mic-buds. IIRC, the DROID doesn't support mic through that port - it is earphone only.
  3. bikemonkeys

bikemonkeys Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I use the mic/earbuds that Verison sold me the day I got my Droid with never a problem. Calls come in while I am listening to Pandora and are great, I'd venture to say clearer than the normal phone speaker. I've never had the music player load while using the ear buds.