Can anyone help? Bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. Cruzrock

Cruzrock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to android. came from BB and WM6.1 before that. Every phone I have ever had would ring on my bluetooth or at least let the phone ring and vibrate when my earpiece is active. Now I get no allerts when listening to media on it. Please help with this ...... Droidx. Is this just an andriod thing?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

I also have a Droid X but don't have that problem. Have you tried power cycling the phone? If not shut the phone down completely. Then power it back on. Sometimes this will clear up minor issues within Android. Otherwise check your notification settings...

3. Cruzrock

Thanks ... I have done that and still wont ring when listening to bluetooth media. Anymore help would be appreciated Thx

4. Martimus

Do you get notifications on your bluetooth device when not listening to media?

What brand/model bluetooth device are you using?

Another thing to try if you have it available is to try using a different bluetooth device. What this will tell you is whether or not the issue is being caused by an incompatibility between the bluetooth stack on the phone and your current bluetooth device.

5. Cruzrock

Hi ... Thanks for your replys ... It seems to be working now. I have had this phone for about 2 weeks and have missed many calls or texts when driving with bluetooth turned on. I hope it keeps working. Thank you for your time

6. Cruzrock

How about this one ......

Can you help with how to change notifications for individual email accounts and yahoo messenger. I used to be able to turn those off individually at night.

7. Cruzrock

OOPs, I meant I used to be able to control that on my Blackberry

8. Martimus

Go into options for each particular app... the thing about Android is that is now allows each app to control it's notifications separately.

Cruzrock likes this.
  9. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums. Glad you signed up! You have a fine helper in Martimus!

Cruzrock likes this.
  10. Cruzrock

Could you help specificly with yahoo messenger? I have gone into each notification settings and dont see enough to control. Yahoo messenger just has a checkbox that turns notifications on or off. also that on in particular is very quiet. I cant raise its volume.