Can anyone play xvid?

Last Updated:

1. fizx

fizx Active Member This Topic's Starter

I can't seem to play xvid on my phone.

Advertisement
  2. beertha

beertha Active Member

I dont have the Captivate yet but I did go to the store and put in a microsd card that contained several vids. 1 of those were xvid encoded .avi's. 2 were also H264 and AVC encoded .mkv's. and 1 was an .flv video. They all played fine. The largest of the .avi's had AC3 audio and xvid compression at 2Mbs bitrate.
    Perhaps your xvid file has a higher quality bitrate that the phone can handle?
    When I get the phone I will test the max bitrate capabilities of the video player.

3. fizx

fizx Active Member This Topic's Starter

I found the answer. I had to change the containter format from avi to mp4. The video and audio were just copied into the new containter and only takes a minute to do. For some reason it doesn't like the avi format.

4. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

No issues with Xvid avi here

5. beertha

beertha Active Member

Yup I played quite a few .avi also they were a mixture of xvid and divx encoded videos with ac3 audio. Better yet, it plays .mkv flawlessly. I love this phone.

6. rurouni572

rurouni572 Member

I was having all kinds of issues with my various h264 files. I had to re-encode them with x264 into .mkv's. It's playing xvid .avi's just fine though.