Can anyone post a video with FPS fix scrolling?

Last Updated:

1. Cozmosis

Cozmosis Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys - love the Evo, and want to buy one but the sluggish and choppy web browser scrolling on full features pages (even w/o flash) compared to Epic/Droid X is killing my ability to do so.

Can anyone with a FPS fixed kernel post a quick youtube ~30s or less of how the browser scrolling looks on say, Engadget's full page? Or any other content heavy page. I've seen the home screen swiping fix videos, but nothing with this particular issue that's holding me back. Thanks so much!

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I can make this video for you. But not till this weekend. I can assure you that as long as the page is fully loaded (content-heavy or not), the scrolling is very smooth (with custom kernel, fps unlocked). You can also zoom in as much as you want and scroll. It will be just as smooth. I have personally tested this and was tempted to make a video of engadget's site scrolling last week.

Some people claim that the Evo's processor can't handle the loading of a content-heavy site, and therefore, even an uncapped FPS Evo can handle 50+ FPS scrolling when scrolling something like engadget. I can prove with my video (via System Panel CPU history charts) that scrolling content-heavy sites doesn't cause much of a blip on CPU usage. Max 25%. Scrolling may stutter while the page is loading, and that is because the browser wants to know how to terminate divs in the HTML before rendering the page. So you may see some latency. This will exist with any browser. I've seen it on the Epic, and even on my i7 desktop.

I think it's a video worth making. I'll look into it this weekend. Meanwhile there's the one I made showing the typical homescreen, app drawer scrolling, as well as finger tracking tests. Video link is in my sig.