Can anyone recommend a good security cam system?

Last Updated:

1. tcv

tcv Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't want anything too high tech, I just need something where I can monitor about 5 cameras at once on my computer screen. I was looking at this but I don't really know about any comparable products or if this is too expensive for this type of product.

Can anyone give any suggestions? I'd like to keep it around $300 but I'd be willing to spend more (or less:D) for a good system.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I hope you get the answers you're looking for, tcv. I think you may have a better chance for that here in the Computers and IT forum, where I've moved your thread. ;)

3. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

ive also been thinking about getting one two, but only need a couple cameras and would want to record all the video onto an external hard drive

4. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

That logitech system is pretty good.. it's basically the second generation of their wi-life security camera system. But $300 will get you entry level stuff, and hardly anything at that. Good multi-camera setups are well into the thousands.

5. gritz

gritz Active Member

Try Costco .... then search for online reviews. Forget WiLife .... Logitech's cameras. Good ideas .... extremely poor quality, and extremely poor service .... or rather incompetent and arrogant. I purchased 6 in two years .... 4 have died completely. 3 were replaced and they also died. Do some research .... you'll find scores of unhappy users whose cameras died.