• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can anyone tell me what App uses this icon?

sevenohsev

Nov 13, 2015
Can anyone tell me what App uses this icon? Thanks.

Attachments

• ICON.png
    ICON.png
    2 KB · Views: 61
Is that a screenshot of the exact icon? Or is it a replica of what you saw?
Just throwing some more ideas out here hopefully jogging a memory, but maybe a chat app?
Have you downloaded any third party chat apps, or messaging apps?

Just trying to rule out a third party app.

I agree with you about it looking like some sort of messaging app, or texting app, or something else to do with communication with others :eek:

Reactions: sevenohsev
Upvote 0
Nope. voicemail box isn't setup. I'm completely stumped.
I'm certain that it is a 3rd party app, just don't know which. Kids got my phone and afterwards I saw that but no indication of what it is from. If i had to guess I'd say it looks like a message icon from an app, but those aren't always the same as the apps icon itself.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Reading about Tineye it seems it wouldn't work anyways, that looks for the specific image. I just made that image from a screenshot.
Ah, ok.

I'm certain that it is a 3rd party app, just don't know which. Kids got my phone and afterwards I saw that but no indication of what it is from. If i had to guess I'd say it looks like a message icon from an app, but those aren't always the same as the apps icon itself.
hehe, kids eh? :p
Anyway, hmm, I'll poke around the web a little bit more, but if that is not the exact image, this may prove to be a challenge :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
oh cool, thanks for that.
Samsung S4?
If you have not uninstalled any apps since getting it back from the kiddies, I would surmise the app is still on your device.
But you mentioned you already looked there, which befuddles me. :)
Yep, S4. They're sneaky though and might've gotten rid of it somehow. It's frustrating. Thanks for taking your time to help me on this.

Upvote 0
Yep, S4. They're sneaky though and might've gotten rid of it somehow. It's frustrating. Thanks for taking your time to help me on this.
Hey, no problem! I like a challenge.
Well, I know that when I visit the PlayStore, it does have a history of the apps I have installed even though they are not currently installed.
Perhaps check that part out?

Upvote 0
Hey, no problem! I like a challenge.
Well, I know that when I visit the PlayStore, it does have a history of the apps I have installed even though they are not currently installed.
Perhaps check that part out?
That's the crazy part. I tried that, I spent a long time looking into it before I registered on here to ask about it. Generally I try to figure these things out myself but I'm just out of my league here.

Upvote 0
That's the crazy part. I tried that, I spent a long time looking into it before I registered on here to ask about it. Generally I try to figure these things out myself but I'm just out of my league here.
Yeah, I understand. Elusive icons are a pita.
Well, hopefully someone will waltz in here, see it, and identify it pronto for you:)
Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones