Can apps share audio?Support

Last Updated:

1. Chuck Bevitt

Chuck Bevitt Member This Topic's Starter

Can android apps share access to the audio output? I sometimes use Maps Navigation, which will give audible turn by turn instructions. I plug the EVO to my car stero using a patch cord so that I hear the instructions over my radio.

However, if I'm using another application that outputs audio, like Pandora or the music player, they go silent as soon as Maps speaks an instruction.

What I would like is for the apps to be able to share the audio output with some kind of priority set, so that Pandora would pause momentarily while Maps spoke an instruction and then resume.

Is that possible?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I dont think thats possible. The fact that navigation stops the music is a feature of the Nav app, not android.

3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

supposedly Pandora was JUST updated to fix this. I haven't tried the new version (just downloaded it minutes ago) but I've heard others say it fixes this issue!

Chuck Bevitt likes this.
  4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I had DoubleTwist playing mp3's today and got a videocall come in on Qik and when I accepted the call they shared audio until I shut off DoubleTwist. So it is possible, it's got to be something on the app development end.

5. Chuck Bevitt

Chuck Bevitt Member This Topic's Starter

YES YES YES!! I updated Pandora and tried it on the way to work today. Maps interrupts Pandora to give an audio direction, then Pandora resumes. I almost bought a stand-alone GPS before buying my EVO - this is so much better.