• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can backups be restored to a different phone?

j0eh4x

Dec 4, 2010
I own an LG ally with which I rooted, a few days after rooting the phone would not work unless on speaker phone. I unrooted, restored recovery and everything and still no sound. It does not make a tone when i press number buttons, no sound on youtube video, and people cant hear me and i cant hear them until i put it on speaker. Since all was the same after restoring stock everything ive come to the conclusion that rooting did not cause the problem. My question is if i make a backup of my current rooted velocity rom, save to sd card, backup to my computer, UNroot the phone, and return it on the warranty. Will i be able to restore my old rom from the LG ally? could the root have caused this? and do i risk loosing sound again?
Thanx in advanced :p

I own an LG ally with which I rooted, a few days after rooting the phone would not work unless on speaker phone. I unrooted, restored recovery and everything and still no sound. It does not make a tone when i press number buttons, no sound on youtube video, and people cant hear me and i cant hear them until i put it on speaker. Since all was the same after restoring stock everything ive come to the conclusion that rooting did not cause the problem. My question is if i make a backup of my current rooted velocity rom, save to sd card, backup to my computer, UNroot the phone, and return it on the warranty. Will i be able to restore my old rom from the LG ally? could the root have caused this? and do i risk loosing sound again?
Thanx in advanced :p

Sounds like a hardware issue. You can put the backup on your computer and use it on your new device.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a hardware issue. You can put the backup on your computer and use it on your new device.
I have flashed my families Nandroids to my phone in order to mess around and play. Yes you can do this. You will just need to Force stop the Gmail apps then turn Syncing Off Clear all data and the Cache. Now once done go back and turn on the AutoSyncing and the Phone will be 100% your Rom from the old Ally.

Hope that Helps. Good Luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones