• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Blur be Disabled?

Clackamas

Jul 15, 2009
I have a co-worker insterested in Android... he likes the Verizon Droid but doesn't want to leave TMO.

I have a myTouch but haven't been able to get to the TMO store and work with the Cliq.

He'd prefer not have blur enabled. Can it be disabled so the phone works like the myTouch/G1?

I have a co-worker insterested in Android... he likes the Verizon Droid but doesn't want to leave TMO.

I have a myTouch but haven't been able to get to the TMO store and work with the Droid.

He'd prefer not have blur enabled. Can it be disabled so the phone works like the myTouch/G1?

(Think you meant the Cliq) Blur is essentially just widgets.... and the ONLY required sign in for the use of the phone is your google/gmail account all other accounts can be disabled and widgets removed from the home screen... so it will look like vanilla android however the messaging app which IMHO is much better than stock can not be swapped....

Upvote 0
(Think you meant the Cliq) Blur is essentially just widgets.... and the ONLY required sign in for the use of the phone is your google/gmail account all other accounts can be disabled and widgets removed from the home screen... so it will look like vanilla android however the messaging app which IMHO is much better than stock can not be swapped....

Thanks! I figured it was implemented that way but still haven't been able to check the phone out yet...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones